German Shepherds Forum banner

What is missing on this invoice?

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Mandalay 
#1 ·
Tell me what charges you think, if any are missing on this invoice, please.

The dog had an abscessed tooth and it was removed. Am I missing something?

See less See more
#8 ·
HM well darn, I just love my vet. This is my FIL's dog. She is a little senior Shih tzu, 15 years old, I think.

I told my hubby to take his dad and his dog to our vet, since he doesn't have a regular vet, and this was kind of an emergency.
When he came home he handed me the invoice and mentioned that something wasn't right, not everything was on there.

I called the vet to ask, but he was gone, and the girl in the office said he doesn't put a lot of stuff in writing, so I would have to talk to him in the morning.

Did I mention I love my vet?!

#12 ·
You're likely on to something. My vet does that, especially for special patients. Camper was just charged the "mature panel" for blood work this week. It's the massive test-for-everything senior citizen blood panel that's done for the older dogs as an extra part of their physicals. Its cheaper to bill that way (with the lab) than to bill the whole shebang as individual tests.

Because, I'll tell you what. My 21 month old Camp-Dog is a lot of things. But "mature"?

#13 ·
Originally Posted By: 3K9MomDid the vet clean the dog's teeth too? There's the prophy (cleaning) there. I'm thinking that maybe they rang up the wrong patient's chart?
Yes, he did do the cleaning. That is one of the things he told my hubby when he dropped her off that he would do.

I will be talking to him in a bit, and will find out more.

#16 ·
Your vet is pretty affordable!
He prob. wanted to give you some slack after the bill had already run up over $500.-. Doesn't take much, does it!

I'd figure the tooth extraction is enclosed in the teeth cleaning, esp. if the tooth came out easily.
I don't understand why he charges for catheterization when he already has the fluid IV therapy listed. But my vet would even charge for the disposal of the needle (hazardous waste). They seem to have a lot of leg room with their billing.

#17 ·
He is an awesome vet!
I had to bring in a feral cat a while back, he kept overnight, and we ended up having to put him down, He didn't charge me anything.

When my Mama Cat, had a UTI last month, he has never seen her, since she is a feral living in my cat room, he just gave me antibiotics to give her, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting her in to the vets.

Funny, I had posted a couple weeks ago about getting him a gift basket to show my appreciation. I have it here, but haven't given it to him yet, because I have had a different pet there every weekend, the last few weeks. I want to give him the gift when I am only going to his office for that, and not to have another pet treated.

He owns several clinics here, and is referred to the Mafia, as far as vets go. He either likes you, or he doesn't, no in-between for him. I am SO GLAD he likes me.

He seems to keep going the extra mile for us. He still calls me every couple weeks to check on Jake.

#20 ·
Originally Posted By: TMARIEWell, I found out that my wonderful vet was just being the wonderful, kind, generous vet that he is. He did not charge us for the anesthesia and the extraction, just because.
That is just the way he is.
I, too, thought the extraction and anesthesia - perhaps pain meds was the only other thing.

Gracie's vet is wonderful too. We go to a VCA, big chain corporation, there are 4 vets there but we only see Dr. P - I like not wondering who is walking through the door. He will dummy-down charges or not charge me.....I have doggie insurance but he is so great with the initial costs. We
him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.