German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about the Cuz that makes most GSD's so crazy for it?! (Is it the feet? It has to be the feet! :rofl:) Berlin got his very first lime green Cuz today, only because the petstore only had one ball in stock. I was strictly 'ball shopping' LOL. Well, I saw the Cuz, and noticed its made by the same company that makes the balls hes obsessed with...so i figured why not.

I didnt think he'd like the cuz THIS much.

I gave it to him, and he immedietly began running around squeaking it (only a matter of time before he destroys the squeak), he wouldnt put it down to potty, to eat, or to come lay in bed. The Cuz had to come lay WITH us....

These might be even a better reward than his regular balls...

Nudging his cuz while he snuggles with it.

I wuv my cuz momma!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! He loves his too - although, no idea why!

Here's a few more of him and his new....'buddy'

"dont you be lookin' at my cuz.."

"It's MY Cuz..."

This thing will be dead by tomorrow at this rate. I'm gonna go broke buying Cuz's LOL :D

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I may have to add one into the puppy toy pile that's growing in my house.... I'm still waiting for the puppy lol.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have to add one into the puppy toy pile that's growing in my house.... I'm still waiting for the puppy lol.
I think you may have to, lol. Seems to be highly entertaining for them! Ugh! Watching the puppy toy pile grow while waiting is the worst!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I think you may have to, lol. Seems to be highly entertaining for them! Ugh! Watching the puppy toy pile grow while waiting is the worst!

He cracks me up with the "iz minez" looks. Way too funny!

Thing is, new pup won't be coming home until likely December ish. Wish and hope it might be sooner but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I love the Cuz. I bought 2 when I first got Pup, and the are still going strong after 1.5 years. The squeakers haven't died either. We've left them in -20 celcius snow piles, as well as play with them daily in doors.

As a comparison, she desqueaks a kong tennis ball in 5 mins.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He cracks me up with the "iz minez" looks. Way too funny!

Thing is, new pup won't be coming home until likely December ish. Wish and hope it might be sooner but we'll see.
LOL, he cracks me up with those looks too, he's very serious about his cuz! :D

Wow, thats quite a wait! But it'll be worth it once the new pup does come :)

I love the Cuz. I bought 2 when I first got Pup, and the are still going strong after 1.5 years. The squeakers haven't died either. We've left them in -20 celcius snow piles, as well as play with them daily in doors.

As a comparison, she desqueaks a kong tennis ball in 5 mins.
Maybe the cuz doesnt die?! :eek: He has the isqueak balls made by the same company, and he desqueaks those in a few days of hard play (I use them to train so they are very high value to him...especially ones with squeakers intact)
I'm gonna get him a badcuz, and hopefully they will last longer!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Delgado's a hard core player, he has a brand new lime green cuz just bought last weekend. He's pushed the squeaker in slightly so it doesn't squeak as loud as it used to, and it's covered in dents from his teeth but still going strong. They didn't have the "bad" version at the store so I went with the regular one again

He also has two holee roller balls from the same company which he adores, I've been impressed with the quality so far of their toys. He's destroyed SO many different toys so it's great finding ones that can actually stand up to his playing. I call his cuz his "baby" because he'll carry it around with him like Berlin does as well :) It's name is Mr. Squeakers

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Z does not like his, but it's too big =( he will love it someday!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Lucky loves his Cuz or as its called here Squeakfeet. He likes bad cuz ,he likes the cuz animal.They last and he will carry it with him . On vacation in a very small cabin Mr. Squeakfeet was annoyingly loud.They are tough though several have survived the attack of the lawn mower. Lucky is very gentle with his toys thouigh. He also loves holymolee ball. I would show pictures but Lucky apparently believes the camera will steal his soul and his toys.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I never heard of that until now. I'll have to find one for Lisl.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Bear goes crazy for his bad cuz balls, although Bear is a hard core chewer and usually after a couple of weeks their feet get amputated :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 2 with the cuz: heard it squeak about 500 times within the first 20 minutes home. Feet are still intact, but there are alot of bite marks all over cuz. ;)

Bear goes crazy for his bad cuz balls, although Bear is a hard core chewer and usually after a couple of weeks their feet get amputated :rolleyes:
LOL. Berlin is gonna get a badcuz tomorrow. Berlin is also a hardcore chewer.....dont think the feet (or squeaker) will last long. We shall see!

I never heard of that until now. I'll have to find one for Lisl.
Oh yeah, Lisl needs a cuz :D

Mine looooooooove the bad cuz :) and the crackle cuz is is the biggest favourite!!!
Berlin has the crackle ball from the same company, but he hardly plays with it :(

Lucky loves his Cuz or as its called here Squeakfeet. He likes bad cuz ,he likes the cuz animal.They last and he will carry it with him . On vacation in a very small cabin Mr. Squeakfeet was annoyingly loud.They are tough though several have survived the attack of the lawn mower. Lucky is very gentle with his toys thouigh. He also loves holymolee ball. I would show pictures but Lucky apparently believes the camera will steal his soul and his toys.
LOL squeakfeet. I agree, they are annoyingly loud, which amps berlin up more. :rolleyes: LOL oh no, not the camera!! Dogs are hilarious.

Z does not like his, but it's too big =( he will love it someday!
WHich size did you get? Berlin has the medium, he doesnt like HUGE toys. I bought him a large squeaky ball, and he hardly plays with it. The medium ones, he cant STOP playing with them..

Delgado's a hard core player, he has a brand new lime green cuz just bought last weekend. He's pushed the squeaker in slightly so it doesn't squeak as loud as it used to, and it's covered in dents from his teeth but still going strong. They didn't have the "bad" version at the store so I went with the regular one again

He also has two holee roller balls from the same company which he adores, I've been impressed with the quality so far of their toys. He's destroyed SO many different toys so it's great finding ones that can actually stand up to his playing. I call his cuz his "baby" because he'll carry it around with him like Berlin does as well :) It's name is Mr. Squeakers
Berlins is lime green too! His is already covered in dents as well, 24 hours after getting it. Berlin also has a holee roller ball, he loves it, but was playing tug with it with someone...and it ripped! So, he needs a new one. Heh heh.. It did last for quite a while but he has some strong chompers. The cuz is definitely the squeakiest toy ive found so far...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Did someone say Cuz Love? Trent is infatuated with his Cuz. Something about the squeak and the bounce, and of course the little feet and devil horns (on his Bad Cuz), too! We actually have to buy a new one because the squeaky popped out, but he still loves it all the same.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Love those pictures of Trent. :)

I must have the only non ball crazy GSD, maybe it's because he has some DDR in him? No clue, lol! I got him a crinkle Cuz before I brought him home at 8 weeks and he could have cared less about it, never touched it.

He is ever so slightly more toy driven now so I think I might try one again, does anyone know if they come in different sizes?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Love those pictures of Trent. :)

I must have the only non ball crazy GSD, maybe it's because he has some DDR in him? No clue, lol! I got him a crinkle Cuz before I brought him home at 8 weeks and he could have cared less about it, never touched it.

He is ever so slightly more toy driven now so I think I might try one again, does anyone know if they come in different sizes?
They do! They come in small (2" diameter), medium (3" diameter), and large (5" diameter) according the the Petsmart website.

For what it's worth, Trent came to me with zero ball drive. We really had to build on it and entice him into chasing and then catching. I'm pretty sure I looked like an idiot demonstrating how to fetch LOL

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I haven't been able to find one locally. I may need to order one. She LOVES the orbee balls and this kong squeak ball. The squeak is intense. lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
Amazon has really cheap Cuz toys - I get all mine from there :)
Berlin has the crackle ball from the same company, but he hardly plays with it :(
Yeah I bought mine the crackle ball and they don't like it much :confused:

It MUST be the feet they like LOL, with the last crackle Cuz I ended up throwing the little plastic thing in the middle out because it was so flat I was worried it'd pop out between the rubber. It's still the absolute favourite tough.
And they do prefer the medium over the large :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts