German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I had a East German Red Sable GSD who is one of the best looking GSD's IMO. He was my pride and joy until last week when he passed away. I used to get approached by breeders like crazy who wanted me to stud him out. :(

I had him and a solid black Czech female, and now I just have the female. Putting him down last week was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Attachments

· Registered
6,564 Posts
I had a East German Red Sable GSD who is one of the best looking GSD's IMO. He was my pride and joy until last week when he passed away. I used to get approached by breeders like crazy who wanted me to stud him out. :(

I had him and a solid black Czech female, and now I just have the female. Putting him down last week was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
:rip: I'm so sorry for your loss!

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I've always heard it called "gold sable" is a color that has been in the breed for a long time, but it's always been pretty uncommon. It's usually a tan/gold dog with a black mask. I think the color may be more often seen in the UK GSDs... Here's some I found -- Stud Dogs

I wonder if a "cinnamon sable" is a liver sable? I saw a picture of one on the PDB today...

Draco vom Bettendorf - German Shepherd Dog

About 20 years ago, I knew a really pretty liver sable out in Oregon--gorgeous dog, richly colored, but had the brown nose and eye rims. Much darker than the dog in this picture.

· Registered
2,141 Posts
I've always heard it called "gold sable" is a color that has been in the breed for a long time, but it's always been pretty uncommon. It's usually a tan/gold dog with a black mask. I think the color may be more often seen in the UK GSDs... Here's some I found -- Stud Dogs

I wonder if a "cinnamon sable" is a liver sable? I saw a picture of one on the PDB today...

Draco vom Bettendorf - German Shepherd Dog

About 20 years ago, I knew a really pretty liver sable out in Oregon--gorgeous dog, richly colored, but had the brown nose and eye rims. Much darker than the dog in this picture.
I did not expect to see that pedigree under the second dog!

· Registered
4,135 Posts
Draco is a liver sable. (And an absolutely gorgeous dog, IMO).

I've heard the 'blonde' sables called many things.

Ay fawn, gold, blonde, cream, etc.

· Registered
9 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but that's what my little girl GSD looks like, she's only 13 weeks and I've encountered the raised eyebrow, "she's full blooded?" a lot already :/ I think she's beautiful and very smart!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.