German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
5,218 Posts
Great topic idea. This is my third dog and first GSD. She is by far the most intelligent and demanding.... and rewarding. We, too, got a GSD for all the wrong reasons. My wife saw one that was very nice and well-behaved (and grown up). We had no clue what it must have taken for that dog owner to have arrived at that state. But we sure learned! Ours has turned out to be a great dog but we went through all the standard trials and tribulations getting here. Many are the times we look at her and say: " Did you think we would ever make it?!" We dealt with the poop variations; the mouthing and attendant bloody hands; getting used to the car; dealing with fear issues; panosteitis; will the ears ever stay up; chewing on no-nos; being a general brat; having to induce vomiting; peritonitis, major surgery as a result of staph infection from the spay..... could bore you to tears with more....

But we made it!

· Banned
5,218 Posts
I was hoping this thread would inspire someone with more knowledge to start a sticky thread. For people researching, my initial post is way too long and I don't think it will engage new people.
Who has more knowledge than a GSD owner? I hope it will engage new people too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.