German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's kind of an odd question to ask, but today my 19 week old puppy (Molly) threw up her food this morning, and I wanted to know if anyone had a good idea as to what I could feed her for dinner, instead of her normal food.

She usually eats 2 cups of Orijen puppy food (large breeds) but because she's been sick today, I would like to feed her something lighter, but filling (make sense?)

If you guys have any idea's it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I really don't have any advice as to something lighter to feed her, I know that my boy Ace did that a few times at that age. I just gave him his same food at lunch and dinner and he kept it down ok, I could be wrong but I think it's just a phase that they go through. If she continues to throw up her food you will probably have to call your vet. Hope she feels better. :)

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Not sure if it's too late now, but for future reference cooked rice and a little cottage cheese or yogurt is a good light meal.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My "sick tummy" meal for the dogs/puppies is:

1 Cups double boiled rice (brown usually) - twice as much water than rice

1 Boneless chicken, cubed or shredded

1 Table spoon of pumpkin

1 Sweet potatoe boiled and mashed

I use this for a full 24hours usually if I don't see any other symptoms. :) The recipe was given to me by another member when Stark was a puppy and has now become our "sick diet".

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
What Elizabeth said is perfect. Sometimes for a snack or light meal I'll feed scrambled eggs with yogurt. Stosh doesn't tolerate chicken too well so I'd cook ground beef to mix with brown rice and the rest, but that depends on your pup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts