German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there we just got our new GSD puppy last week and we were wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a good Canadian pet health insurance so we can get it started asap.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Smart of you to get started when your dog is a pup. I use VPI but that is a US company. You could check at your vets.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use Trupanion and have no complaints so far. I would get the insurance as soon as you can before you have any problems with the pup, otherwise anything that comes up before you have insurance will be on file and will be considered pre existing conditions and will not be covered in the future.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys we ended up choosing trupanion they seem to be the best above all others and even include hip dysplasia which is awesome as we all know GSD are prone to it so its good to have it covered.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I actually ended up canceling my insurance once my dogs were prelimed. It just wasn't worth the money. I think putting the money I would spend on insurance away in a market fund or like savings account is actually better. JMO.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Elisabeth everyone is intitled to their own opinion however I am not financially well off and if something extreamly expensive did come up like emergency surgery for example I may not be able to pay up front at that moment then I am in trouble either need to give up my dog or have him put to sleep and just don't want to take that chance.

Thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts