German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This behavior is something new he has started this past week. When Wolfie needs something from me, whatever it is, he comes over to me, and nudges me until I say what do you want? Then he sits in front of me and stares at me while I go through a list of possible things that he could want or need. He will do the adorable head tilt while he listens to what I am saying and as soon as I say what he wants, he gets all excited and starts jumping up and down. It's as if he's saying "Yay! you figured it out!" Now to the new behavior. This past week, he listens and even if he has to go out and do his business he won't react when I say want to go out? Now, he is getting specific. The first time I was getting frustrated because he wasn't reacting to any suggestions . So I said do you want to poop? He got all excited and jumped up and down. I took him out and he just pooped and came right back in. We had a good laugh at that one figuring it was a fluke. Next time I asked you want to poop and got no reaction. So I said want to go pee pee? He went crazy I took him out and he peed! We can't get over it. He is specific now! He either wants to poop, or pee pee , or go pee pee and poops! Unbelievable!

·
Registered
972 Posts
i bet he does know! when my pups go potty i always tell them good pee or good poop! so they hear the action. and i can tell them to pee and he they know okoay i better pee now. but your pup takes it to a new level! thats cute!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I did the same thing with Wolfie. Saying good pee or good poop. I didn't do that with my other dogs. I was going by a book, and I can't remember the name of the author, in training them. She said take them outside and say " Hurry Up" She was a well known GSD trainer years ago. I didn't do that with Wolfie, because in my now older and wiser Mom years, I thought that maybe it was stressing the dogs out saying hurry up over and over until they did their business.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is amazing!! I wish Pepper would do that too....because it does get rather frustrating for her and us to try to figure out what she wants. She's only 5 months right now...I figure she will get it someday. ;)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is amazing!! I wish Pepper would do that too....because it does get rather frustrating for her and us to try to figure out what she wants. She's only 5 months right now...I figure she will get it someday. ;)
She's still a young puppy. It's amazing to watch the things that they learn as they get older.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts