German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Brewton, AL Humane Society tuesday and they have this really cool looking dog that I've never seen the likes of. They may have a pic up by now on the web site. It is a large dog, sort of reminds me of an Anatolian Shepherd, but it is black and silver/gray brindle. If I didn't have a houseful of dogs I'd probably have adopted it just because it's so unique looking. Seemed like a sweet dog, just very unusual color. It's at the same shelter as Ken the WGSD.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,719 Posts
this looks like the dog she's describing. you're right - i cant put my finger on the breed exactly, but i can see the anatolian resemblance. my guess tho is that its a gsd with a drop of akita. for all we know a smidget of greyhound could be causing that coloration as well.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Brindle can be found in sighthounds, Boxers, Akitas, Dutch shepherds, and terriers. I can tell you one thing for certain: one of the dog's parents was definately brindle. Brindle is dominant over all other colors.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is Miss Muffett. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11119416 I don't remember her looking that much GSD in the face but I really didn't look at her long. That Akita is stunning, I've never seen one that color. I've seen lots of brindle dogs but never one that color. I wish I had a place for that dog, she's just too cool looking to stay in a shelter and how in the heck do you lose a dog that color, it's so unusual it would be easy to identify. Not sure if she was a stray or not, don't remember if her paperwork was up there or not.
That's a dog I'd do a Wisdom Panel DNA test on just out of curiosity. Makes me want to donate one to them just to find out! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts