German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Hansel always circles around behind me while on walks and wraps me up with the retractable leash. Sometimes he goes around twice. I swear he does it on purpose. If I didn't know better I'd think he was laughing at me after I'm hog tied. About that time Gretel will give chase to a squirrel.

· Registered
385 Posts
Biggest pet peeves...
JUMPS UP when we come home and will scratch me with her giant, feral nails (which is my fault) when I turn my back.
If we try to give her a raw meaty bone to work on when leaving her alone, if she is the least bit anxious, she will "bury" it in the leather couches. Ewwwwww!
Lungeing and barking at other dogs on leash, turning her from sweet beautiful Regen into Scary Kujo Dog that makes other owners look at us with judgmental eyes (the same owners that insist on walking toward us when I yell "she's not good with other dogs!" and try to walk the other direction).
Barfs in the car if she's anxious.
Barks at the cats.

At least most of the annoying things are things we can train her out of, I hope. The bone-hiding might be unpreventable though.

Good thing she is also sweet and loving and smart and beautiful...she's a wonderful pup.

· Registered
20 Posts
Every single day, at 5 am, Kagogi is busy searching the house for the nastiest toy she can find. She never fails to select the dirtiest of her toys, which she then begins drooling all over, for added nastiness. She then takes her prize of the day up onto my bed (where I am still trying to sleep) and plops herself in my hair...which she then fans out to make a perfect nest for her disgusting toy. She continues to chew the toy, while nesting in my hair, until I remove her.

We thought crate training would fix this. Really it just postpones it. :help:

Kagogi is only a little 14 week old pup, so I'm sure we'll get this little quirk figured out sometime in the near future.

Our older GSD (13 years old) only barks at us. We come home, she barks. STRANGERS have walked into the house...nothing but a quick tail wag for them. Strange animals have waltzed through the front door. Not a peep from her! I'm entirely positive she's not going to change. Ever. :p

· Registered
914 Posts
My Bowser is just an absolute lunatic, and nips an awful lot....he nipped my 80yr old neighbour the other day :(

I guess he is only 14 weeks!

Give me patience!
That my dear friend is no lunatic. It is a GSD puppy through and through. Mine did not reduce nipping till about 4.5 months old and still tries to get me sometimes just because....but I have gotten faster and his adult teeth are much duller :)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.