German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Is it a groan? My terrier mix made all sorts of funny moaning and groaning sounds. They usually meant he was happy or he liked something. He would also stick his back foot in his ear (he had big ears) and scratch his ear and groan because it felt good to scratch an itch! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Banjo makes the "mooo" noise when he's relaxed and is enjoying interaction. If I get just the right spot on his ears he does the "mooooo" that fades into him just pushing air past his lips and nose....and that ends with a snort. I think in the end the "moooo" sound in general is the sound a dog makes when they are super relaxed/happy and a growl or yip does not suit the situation. I know my dog is very VERY careful in his choice of sounds when he is trying to tell my dumb self something.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maya does that same noise, right after I tell her to switch me couches, and she lays down.

On queue, after she buries her head in her leg, she goes "Moooooooooooo" with her lips shut.

Crazy...

·
Registered
837 Posts
After lights out, Joey lays on his bed; after a few minutes makes a moaning sound. That usually means he's done for the day, and it's time for sleep.

·
Registered
597 Posts
LOL!!! FUNNY!!!

Viktor does this too... if I am sitting in the loveseat, watching TV for playing on the computer, he will jump on and curl up next to me with his head on the arm-rest. If I rest my elbow on him, like an arm-rest he makes this "mooo" noise.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Indra sounds like a deer. When she's playing with other dogs she opens her mouth widely and that biiig looong "roar" comes out which just sounds like deers. Sometimes I think she's yelling at Judge. She's the only one that's doing that in this household. It's not growling, it's really like she's roaring in a femalish doggish kind of way LOL

·
Registered
508 Posts
some breeds are more vocal than others, I call my GSD girl my "moaning lisa" because she moans and sighs so often. :D My black lab is my "sassy boy" because he growls all the time, but they aren't angry growls, often he's wagging his tail and growling, usually it's talking back to me... Dogs are funny. :)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
some breeds are more vocal than others, I call my GSD girl my "moaning lisa" because she moans and sighs so often. :D My black lab is my "sassy boy" because he growls all the time, but they aren't angry growls, often he's wagging his tail and growling, usually it's talking back to me... Dogs are funny. :)
Moaning Lisa? :rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts