German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing at all about the world of GSD breeding/lines/etc save the little I've read here.
For those of you who know West German lines well, can you help me understand what is amazingly special about this dog's bloodlines?
Wendi vom Melanchthon

It isn't important to us as far as making a decision (it's pretty much already made), I'm just curious about what made her a $7K dog.

Any thoughts?

Also, is it common for a breeder to adopt out a female breeding prospect that failed for a complete loss financially? She had her puppies v C-section and was spayed because the vets thought she would continue to have difficulties whelping. So we are adopting her for nothing even close to what they paid or even what they must have paid to fly her here.

I am very ignorant in this area and am not really worried about the transaction, as the breeder comes recommended as honest and reputable from everyone that knows/shows/works GSDs in the state, but I had never heard of this before.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
She is show line -but I don't know anything about show lines. She may have been worth 7000 due to training If she was titled- Breeders do adopt out females that don't work in their breeding program-sounds like they made the decision based on what was good for the dog-and thats a good thing Think that she is a pretty girl-congrats!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Bumping in hopes that someone else can help explain this dog’s pedigree. I’m curious too! :blush:

I noticed some of the text is in German. Mrs. K can you help interrupt the wording? :help:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Click on the link you gave. Then click on Ursus von Batu, grandsire on sires side. Start reading some of the 50 comments that have been left. You will start to understand the price.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Furthermore, 7K is not a large sum of money in the European show world...its actually on the lower end. She is a very well bred dog for the show venue and she is a very nice looking dog. Reminds me of the showlines in past before they got too extreme. Seems like a nice dog!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that makes more sense now! Ursus von Batu...he sounds like an incredible dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts