German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. This was the first dog my family owned. Yes, that's me as a baby 24 years ago. She had some insane prey drive and protection abilities but wasn't pure bred to my knowledge. She definitely looked mixed, so I'm curious to what you all think she was mixed with? She was around 80lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Do you have any clearer pictures showing more of her body? She might be mixed with a collie but really all I see is a sable shepherd

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any clearer pictures showing more of her body? She might be mixed with a collie but really all I see is a sable shepherd
I don't have many photos of her, I'll go through some family photo albums tonight to see. She's been gone about 16 years now so no smart phones haha.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I don't know about the mix, but I'm seeing a lot of German Shepherd in there. I'd say, at the least, she was high content German shepherd. Beautiful girl. Looks like she was a great dog.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
One of the best dogs I've ever seen was a Collie/Shepherd mix. Best of both worlds. Oddly, the next best was Akita/Lab, 50/50 mix. Most stable, confident, dog ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts