German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vet docs say German Shepherd Mix. Shes 42 lbs at 6mos. I got her at 9 weeks and she was about 16 lbs. Thinking about getting a hereditary test. But thought I should get yalls input first. She has a curled tail, bat ears, a little lanky. She's my girl! Here are a few pictures of her since I got her. Her sister is salt and peppery and stout. Eve is more lanky.
View attachment 79706
View attachment 79714
View attachment 79722
View attachment 79730
View attachment 79738
View attachment 79746
ImageUploadedByPG Free1371048582.524463.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1371048681.491069.jpg
Her and her sister when we got them.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1371048745.592478.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1371048785.328617.jpg

Learns tricks very quick. Knew speak quiet come sit down shake fetch stay kennel rollover play dead by 4 months. Very curious and everything catches her attention. Loves chasing things. Loves to follow me and be with me however not overly affectionate. Is independent. Loves meeting other dogs. Likes meeting people but doesnt go crazy. Loooves hide and go seek, raw hide, and tummy rubs.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Umm... that is a pure bred GSD, her color is sable, she is beautiful, I dont know what the heck your vet is talking about! She has a "gay tail" some GSD's do doesnt mean they are not pure, of course only way to know for sure is to have AKC/CKC/UKC papers, but she is totally pure

·
Registered
31,797 Posts
she's mixed with German Shepherd.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Um she looks pretty close to my pure Gsd with papers, she's a very pretty girlie..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I was wondering the same thing do you think my German shepherd is mixed he is 10weeks old theres pics in my album idk how to add it on here thanks a lot ahead of time

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
OP, yours is a GSD, plain and simple.

Hi I was wondering the same thing do you think my German shepherd is mixed he is 10weeks old theres pics in my album idk how to add it on here thanks a lot ahead of time
Yes, yours is a mix. However, those ears are adorable.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Mixed with radio telescope I think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got Eve from the Humane Society for 70 dollars. Her HS paperwork says "German Shepherd Mix" which is what makes me wonder. Shes not as stocky as other german shepherds and her coat is relatively short. but then again im sure gsd come in many different shapes and sizes. :) I love her never the less!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
120 Posts
She looks like a sable german shepherd to me in that awkward bat ears and big head stage =] she´s very cute. Don´t always listen to vets, my vet was sure Maya wasn´t pure because of her sable color. Some people just think that if not black and tan, not a german shepherd. but let´s wait and see as she grows. Enjoy her!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts