German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27,338 Posts
I'm going to go against blanket and say there will be more tan coming in. Though will probably have a big saddle.
I can also see a bitch stripe peeking thru. 8 months is still young as far as the final coat color on a B&T. Beauty is a beauty!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I throw my vote in with a large saddle. I think a lot of the black on her back legs and such will fade to tan, but you never know. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I vote black and tan saddle as well. Stark at 8 months was WAY darker than that and he is considered a black and tan blanket back.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is it a fine line between a saddle back vs. a blanket back? I really don’t know the difference. Would a saddle back have less black, whereas the blanket would have more black down through the thigh area?

·
Registered
32,890 Posts
I looked at pics of Jax and I think she'll fade out to a saddle. I'm changing my vote! :) Jax has a more solid black at 6 months than your girl does at 8 months and she has more black at 2 years than Beauty does right now as well.

At 6 mths

About 1 year

This past spring at 2 1/2 years

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know right!! It's so hard to say! That's why I wanted to see what everyone thinks! People say she'll be like her parents, BUT mom is blanketed and dad is saddle!lol
omg Jax is sooo pretty!! How big is she? Beauty just turned 8 months on saturday and she is 68lbs.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I'm going to go against blanket and say there will be more tan coming in. Though will probably have a big saddle.
I can also see a bitch stripe peeking thru. 8 months is still young as far as the final coat color on a B&T. Beauty is a beauty!
I so second this, because both our bk/red & bk/tan lightened up way more than I thought ! They both started like this, lots of bk.......

Beauty though............... :wub:

·
Registered
32,381 Posts
I am going with a saddle as well. Rush is a blanket back, at four years old he just started peeking some light hairs through on the upper thighs. At eight months old he was very dark. Let's see if I can find pictures.

Jenna at six months:

Rushie at eight months:

Jenna at 1 year:

Rush at about 2.5 years:

Rush at 4 years:

These pups are about eight months: Ninja in the foreground is a blanket and Milla is a saddle:

·
Banned
8,988 Posts

What about Indra? Probably going to be a Saddleback too.

I really don't understand why you have all these different words. Can't you just do it as the Germans? Everything is schwarz-braun which is black&tan :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts