1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
906 Posts
So funny!! We must live near eachother. Do you go to puppy play class on Saturdays?! My mom took her GSD (Fritz) to him...he's an awesome trainer. He does a really good job, but he does not baby them by any means. My husband is a detective here in town so I asked some of the K9 officers about him...they're response was..."if you want a good trainer that will teach him alot, then he's the one for you, if you want someone to baby your dog, don't go to him." I have to say, I was really impressed when Fritz came home from his training camp. I actually got teary eyed when I saw what he could do, what a different dog!!. I may take my pup there when he is older. I think he wouldnt take my moms dog until he was almost a year. He does do the majority of the police training here in palm beach county. I know he does use the pinch collars for part of his training. We just completed puppy school with Brody at Animal House of Distinction. We're going to wait till probably after the holidays to do more classes. There is just so much going on for us towards the end of the year that I dont want to have to miss the classes!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I would suggest looking for a place that uses positive training that teaches your puppy to want to work with you, instead of requiring that you force the dog to comply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts