German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
About 2 years ago in North Florida someone was stealing a LOT of dogs. Out of kennels, fences and vehicles. Several times the same vehicle was described.

It was scary. I could not believe that in the country where you are kind of expected to shoot trespessers, people were going to such lengths and really risk to get dogs. Broad daylight too in a lot of the cases.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I have alerted everyone around here, maybe that is what is going on, Maya was spayed, but I was thinking maybe they were going to try to breed her????? So when she doesn't come into season, hopefully they will turn her loose, and I will then find her....I hope!

Yes, we do have rifles, and I would use one, I have had to run off traspassers before, and threatin to shoot. My hubby achutly just went and had our 12G shot gun fixed (needed some work) since Maya's incident! I WILL NOT TAKE ANYMORE CHANCES!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
So Maya was not the barker type? My Maya would no way in **** let someone on our property let alone get their hands on her or at least I can only hope.

Do you know if there have been other dog thefts in the area?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
No She didn't bark much.....She was so nice, she loved everyone! We raised Maya to LOVE everyone, she didn't meet a stranger. She was only 1 1/2 yr old, and she was just starting to become protective of us, we were hoping as she aged she would get more grit to her.

We haven't herd of any thefts in this area.....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally Posted By: HorseCrazy3621Thanks everyone, I am glad there are a few on here that understand my situation.

I am getting a Female, I seem to like Females better, I've had bad luck with males..... And YES when I get her I will post pics of her, I have to brag on her ya know!!!!! LOL I hope I will be able to post pics of her and Maya together, wouldn't that be GREAT!
I do fully understand. And YES it would be wonderful if you would be able to post pics of both Maya and the new pup together.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I think the female you posted is very attractive. She is a nice size, good proportion, coat and bone.
Nice girl. Can you PM me the breeder? Good luck on finding Maya!!

Cherri

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey R - I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination (I thought stacking meant a toy-chasing puppy pile-up). Anyway, for whatever it's worth, I think this girl is beautiful. I'm a little biased - if you made her hair longer and added bulk, she'd be close to BearBear.

Hopefully, everyone who knows Maya's story and of your loss will put forth an effort into bringing her back home, even if only a simple wish or prayer. I will wish too that your new pup brings joy back to your heart and gives you the strength to go on searching, however long it takes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am so sorry that your dog was stolen, that has been one of my fears with our new dog. I don't know what I would do without Samantha, and we have only had her for a little over a month. I hope you find Maya or she finds you again. Good luck with the new pup. I know how you must be feeling. One of my cats that I loved dearly disappeared in January and I cried and cried for so long. I am still upset over it and think about him everyday. My family misses him so much. Different species I know but the same feelings of loss. Take care and good luck in your search and with your new puppy! By the way the female that you posted is beautiful, I bet the puppies are so sweet and kissable lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thank You all, Still no Maya, it seems as if she has dissapeared into thin air. It's been over 3 weeks now, I just pray she is ok, I hate the feeling of not knowing what happened to her or what is happening to her. Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Also our new puppy is 5 weeks old today, not too much longer b4 she gets to come home, we can't wait to have the feeling of a GSD in our home, the running of those big feet, and seeing those crazy ears..... LOL We miss Maya so much, but it's also nice to have something to look forward to!

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am dearly sorry about your Maya. Dogs have been known to show up years after they went missing. so don't give up! You'll be getting your new baby soon that will keep you busy for awhile!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I am so sorry that Maya was stolen. I can not imagine what your family is going through right now. Its bad enough when our beloved furry friends cross to the bridge, its another totally different kind of pain not knowing what they are going through, not understanding where their family is. My heart breaks for you and your faminly.
I hope that the new baby will bring a little joy and that maybe she and Maya will be posted together in the not to distant future.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thank You k9, your right, we are left not knowing....and that's the worst part, at least when they cross over, you know where they are....

We do now have a new baby, she is almost 11 weeks, and boy is she a handful...lol, I will have to post pics of her soon! She has filled that empty spot though, but she's still not Maya, but we will grow that bond with her, just as we did Maya!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
We need pictures soon! We want to see the adorable new pup you have!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts