German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Keeping our fingers crossed for you in hopes that Maya is returned safely and your home is blessed with another GSD
+
=
ahead.

PS: To stay on topic, the female you posted about is very nice looking

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I'm with Wisc Tiger 100%. If my dog went missing, the last thing on my mind would be to look for a replacement. Even if I planned in the past to eventually add another dog, I would not have the mindset to even get excited about another pup, but would be occupied day & night looking for my missing dog. I would never be able to just move. But I also have been grieving for over a year until I was over my males death, while other people were able to get another dog just a month later. Guess it just depends on ones personality.

·
Super Moderator
9,503 Posts
Originally Posted By: JAPD

And with some luck they will have 2 GSD's when their other pooch is found. Thats how I read it.
except that wasnt explained in the initial post. i'll admit - my first take on the situation was - our dog was stolen a week ago so we're replacing her with a new one that will probably be prettier. BUT, since there was limited information, not until i read the OP's other thread and saw her follow up remarks in this thread... i now understand completely where she's coming from... and that is why i'm NOW deciding to reply instead of going with my first reaction. i'm not choosing sides at all, just explaining that i understand both points of view.

i also think that the OP is not just thinking of herself, but of her son. i've never had a dog lost or stolen so i cant even compare the mindset... however, after losing a dog of 17yrs i thought it would be at least a year before i considered another and 10 days later Tilden was in my life. even now i think of losing Gia and how the mourning process will take so long that I won't want another dog, but i really can't speak on that until it happens. every person, every dog, every situation is different.

*end rant*

·
Registered
856 Posts
Originally Posted By: MaedchenI'm with Wisc Tiger 100%. If my dog went missing, the last thing on my mind would be to look for a replacement. Even if I planned in the past to eventually add another dog, I would not have the mindset to even get excited about another pup, but would be occupied day & night looking for my missing dog. I would never be able to just move. But I also have been grieving for over a year until I was over my males death, while other people were able to get another dog just a month later. Guess it just depends on ones personality.
"I'm with" sounds so much like a tag team match, when it shouldn't be. Also she isn't looking for a "replacement" nor is she "just moving on" as you put it. She is in fact planning an addition, not a replacement and she is in fact still looking and has plans to continue looking for Maya, NOT just moving on as you put it.

You don't know this person, why not comment on female she posted rather than pretend to know what her and her family are thinking.

Again, READ the post and quit trying to READ her mind.

Geez, why do so many posts have to get derailed by people who think they know better, or, if it was me I would have to wait at least a year to get another pup. Who cares.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I have my thoughts on this. Just me personally but I would wait for a while. Hopefully my dog would be found and I would want his/her home coming to be a happy one that they remembered.

What if the lost/stolen dog needs extensive medical treatment. Having a new puppy under foot might not be the happiest thing for the first dog.

What if the lost/stolen dog was god forbid abused and needed time to adjust to being home again. A puppy under foot may not be the best thing.

I understand about the child, but this would also be a good learning experience. We keep working to find Maya and after a few months if we don't find her then we can look for another pup.

These are just MY thoughts.

Val
Wisc.Tiger

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I quit talking about this, this is crazy, I posted about this female, not..."Is it time to get another family pet?"

And I got the pic of the female from Pedigreedatabase.com, not the breeders site. I didn't know I couldn't post a pic of her, I just wanted to know what you guys thought of this female...That's all, and I has came to this?!?!?!?!

Thanks to all who have been nice to me, and for all that I think has alittle bit too much of an opinion...Get a life, You remind me of a bunch of teenagers, voicing your opinion whitout knowing the REAL situation! I am really a very NICE person, not someone who doesn't care about my animals.... We achutly have a farm with horses, goats, 2 cats, and now I need my GSD. Our place is too empty with Maya being gone, and my 5 yr old son as taken this VERY hard, but guess what, he is excited about the new pup, but also talks about Maya everyday, I am even taking him with me to help look for her, like the shelters. We live on a small farm that sits on 5 acres, I am sure we have enough room for 2 GSD's. You don't know me and I don't know you guys, but geezz, let it go, this wasn't what I wanted to talk about......

I QUIT, I will not talk about this anymore!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Originally Posted By: HorseCrazy3621
And I got the pic of the female from Pedigreedatabase.com, not the breeders site. I didn't know I couldn't post a pic of her, I just wanted to know what you guys thought of this female...That's all, and I has came to this?!?!?!?!
This section is called 'Critique MY Dog' and not somebody else's.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I apologize, but I have also saw others one here ask opinion on other peoples dogs too, I didn't know I couldn't! People have also asked about breeders, isn't that the same thing?!?!?!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Originally Posted By: GSD07
Originally Posted By: HorseCrazy3621
This section is called 'Critique MY Dog' and not somebody else's.
Outstanding reply! give yourself a hand for such a insightful response.
[/img]

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi Horsecrazy3621,

You are correct in that there have been other pics posted here of dogs not necessarily owned by members on this forum. Normally this section is used for people wanting a critique on their own dog.

However, I don't see many people having a problem with a new member posting something in a wrong forum without knowing better. Well, most people anyways.

Good Luck

·
Registered
284 Posts
HorseCrazy3621 - I really think the new mom is pretty. Are you going to get a male or female puppy? I totally understand the need for the excitement for your family. It doesn't take away the pain, but it does help focus on life again and give you a reason to look forward to something. Different circumstance, but been there, done that.

I have also been following your posts about Maya. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Here's to hoping you find Maya soon.

P.S. By the way, when you do get your new puppy, please post pictures on the Pictures Pictures Pictures forum. Look forward to seeing them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Originally Posted By: XephI can see where Wisc Tiger is coming from honestly. Her reply wasn't rude IMO...it was an honest question. A week really ISN'T a lot of time to find a missing dog...it can take a couple of months.

I know if Strauss went missing I certainly would be looking for him for more than a week!
I'm not going to comment on rude or not but it seems the OP is doing everything possible to look for her Maya and as she stated she will never give up. I can't imagine not having my pack let alone not having any GSD in my home. I find nothing wrong with her looking to replace the hole she feels as long as like she said, she is still looking for her Maya.

BTW- I am so sorry that happened. Just curious of the circumstances of her being stolen? That is VERY scary.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Never mind, I looked it up. She was taken from your yard. I am assuming you do not have a fence or where they bold enough to go open the fence.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thanks everyone, I am glad there are a few on here that understand my situation.

I am getting a Female, I seem to like Females better, I've had bad luck with males..... And YES when I get her I will post pics of her, I have to brag on her ya know!!!!! LOL I hope I will be able to post pics of her and Maya together, wouldn't that be GREAT!

We achutly have been installing an Underground invisable fence, we are about 1/2 way, and this happens.... We are fencing our entire place which is 5 acres, and it's taking a long time. But now we are looking into putting up a chainlink fence just around our home. I was home when this happened also.... We live way out in the country through some woods, which is very private, no one would of seen a thing here. Another mistake I think I made was I had a GSD decal on my truck with Maya's name on it....Anyone could of followed me home, and would of known her name, which would make that person nice, cause they knew her name. I won't do that again.

Please keep an eye on your babies.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts