German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of these two?? I know the puppies are not going to be perfect and we are just looking for a great family pup.

We went and met the two of them and they were both just amazing dogs. The pictures don't really show the true colours they are such a nice red-ish tan.

The breeder has brought them into Canada and this will be there second litter here. We met a couple of dogs from the first litter and they were also great dogs.

Xarto vom Funken Spiel

Uzzy vom Funken Spiel

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
male not tested for elbows? female not tested at all? =( maybe just lacking info online, but I would want to make sure those were done. I think strong mothers are just as important as fathers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird, yes you are right, just not up to date online. They are both HD and ED Normal

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Xarto has a1 hips, 'a' elbows. Uzzy has a2 hips, 'a' elbows. I don't know enough about show lines to tell you anything else. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is from the Funken spiel website:

Xarto vom Funken Spiel
IPO 2, kkl 1 lbz, HD-normal, ED - normal

Uzzy vom Funken Spiel
HD-normal, ED-normal

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
no love for the females =/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no love for the females =/
Haha ya, no showing for them eh? She was the sweetest dog though. She's come over to you and almost knock you over how hard she lean on you. Beautiful colouring

·
Banned
377 Posts
Would like to see GSDs with less rounded spine and not Akita type head.
But that is the direction GSDs in Germany are taking.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would like to see GSDs with less rounded spine and not Akita type head.
But that is the direction GSDs in Germany are taking.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
It's funny you say that. In all the pictures I saw of him, I didn't like his back end/spine as well until I saw him in person. I'm not sure if it's how the pose the dogs but he didn't stand naturally like that at all.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Yeah it has a lot to do with how they are 'stacked' for show/photos.

Ilda looked like that stacked but when she is moving freely her back is pretty moderate/level.

In my general newbie opinion :): The female looks to be more moderate in her conformation to me (which is good IMHO, not such extremes in angulation). Her bone and musculature look good to me as well.

The sire has a decent ZW score of 85 which should help further stack odds in your favor of good hips.

(explanation of ZW score here: http://www.westcoastgermanshepherds.com/zuchtwert.htm)

There are a couple of people who have a great deal of expertise on the showlines (Robin Huerta and qbchottu) perhaps send them a PM for thoughts from those really in 'the know' on the show lines. :)

It's funny you say that. In all the pictures I saw of him, I didn't like his back end/spine as well until I saw him in person. I'm not sure if it's how the pose the dogs but he didn't stand naturally like that at all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I am happy to say we are going to get a little boy from those two parents. The breeder has been amazing. She is super friendly and I just couldn't ask for more from her. She has been sending us pictures once a week if not more.

The hard part is going to be picking a puppy, she will give us a recommendation but doesn't force you to take the one she recommends. That being said, we are going to put great weight on her reccomendation...

I love that Pedigree website. We were on it last night and Actually followed Xarto back to the late 1800's. Thats crazy!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Congrats!!

Best to you and the new upcoming bundle of fur (and puppy teeth) ;)

So I am happy to say we are going to get a little boy from those two parents. The breeder has been amazing. She is super friendly and I just couldn't ask for more from her. She has been sending us pictures once a week if not more.

The hard part is going to be picking a puppy, she will give us a recommendation but doesn't force you to take the one she recommends. That being said, we are going to put great weight on her reccomendation...

I love that Pedigree website. We were on it last night and Actually followed Xarto back to the late 1800's. Thats crazy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts