German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten my name on the waiting list for this upcoming litter. I love this breeder's dogs and my 6 month old female is a grand daughter to this litter's dam's dam. So the puppy that I would be getting from this litter and my female that I have now would both be grand daughters to Ema. Here are the links to both parents pedigrees:

Sire: Tarnoki-felvigyazo Quamatz

Dam: Rahma von Schone Stadt

My purpose in getting a puppy from this litter would be to get a great sporting dog prospect whether for Schutzhund, personal protection, agility, obedience, herding, tracking, whatever I decide to have the puppy trained in. What do you think? The Schone Stadt breeder used an outside stud to breed their female to and he's an impressive looking boy and I like what I have seen so far.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
I don't know anything about this breeding but I would ask - are you 110% SURE you are ready to have TWO puppies?? :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I would contact Sue and or Gabor since Quasi is/was theirs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been stewing on this for quite a while and have been thinking about having two puppies for a while and yes I'm really ready for two puppies. I'm already so active and I work from home now anyway so I have all the time in the world.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
One reason not to get 2 pups, especially if you want to do sports is that they will have more fun together than with you. To get the most out of a dog you have to be their world.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One reason not to get 2 pups, especially if you want to do sports is that they will have more fun together than with you. To get the most out of a dog you have to be their world.
I fully understand this. I've been watching Leerburg videos and reading his articles and advice for years. That is precisely why my pup is crate trained now and the new puppy will also be crate trained and will be tethered to me always.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm wondering why I should hold off on getting one because my other girl will be almost a year old by the time the puppy will be getting here. It's not like the litter will be born in a few days. Plus, my plans are to have my other girl, Drama, sent for some training when the puppy originally gets here anyway. I could understand it if Drama were only a couple of months old when the puppy gets here but she isn't. She's already got a firm foundation on her manners and obedience training, we are just furthering her training and evaluating her for Schutzhund once she gets sent to the trainer in August.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate all of your concern, but I have already been aware of the problems that can arise when raising two very young puppies together. However, this was not the reason for this thread. I'm not too keen on getting off topic and if I wanted lessons on not getting two puppies at the same time I would have posted that topic. But, I didn't....Alas my original question: What are your thoughts on this litter?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
can't really comment, I know someone with a schone stadt male, loves him to death, nice dog. BOTH are stunning.

I know you don't want to rehash the puppy thing, just wanted to say tho,,something to ponder, since they will be close in age, they will also pass away close in age:( Big downfall for me having lost two sets of "two" dogs close in age within 6 mths of each other, first time was awful, second time was devastating..I really don't want to go thru that again..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can't really comment, I know someone with a schone stadt male, loves him to death, nice dog. BOTH are stunning.

I know you don't want to rehash the puppy thing, just wanted to say tho,,something to ponder, since they will be close in age, they will also pass away close in age:( Big downfall for me having lost two sets of "two" dogs close in age within 6 mths of each other, first time was awful, second time was devastating..I really don't want to go thru that again..

That is a big downfall, but if it's something that I have to accept and deal with when the time comes to know double the love of a German Shepherd I'm willing to deal with it when that times comes. Until then, I will get double the enjoyment, double the love, double the joy that a German Shepherd brings. I try to look on the bright side of things and at least if they do pass close in age one won't have to wait too long for it's playmate to come and play over the rainbow bridge with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts