German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you think as to why his eyes are so light in color. I've googled and this seems to be a thing with Labs, but seen as a fault.

I do strongly believe there is Lab in this mix. His dad has blue eyes. His mother has dark eyes. His brother has dark eyes.

Not sure what other breeds have these lighter color eyes?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think it's more of a fault thing rather than a breed thing. I have seen this eye color in a lot of different breeds including GSDs.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
It's just a matter of pigment, and any breed can have this eye color. In fact my Akbash dog's eyes look just like that. It's considered a fault in GSDs--they are supposed to have a dark eye, but I've seen GSDs with that color as well.

·
Banned
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. I actually like his light eyes. He's a mix after all so "fault" doesn't really matter/apply. My thoughts were more on wondering if it could give me more clues as to what his mix is.

Nice Christmas hats, gatordog!! Cute. :)

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Interesting. I actually like his light eyes. He's a mix after all so "fault" doesn't really matter/apply. My thoughts were more on wondering if it could give me more clues as to what his mix is.

Nice Christmas hats, gatordog!! Cute. :)
Lol thanks!

And I think he probably just got them from his Momma, just a lighter version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts