German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, iv'e been feeding my dog with Belcando dinner for like 5-6months now.
my dog's poop could be too soft or diarrhea-like.
it seems like he's still underweight for his body type and he is always itchy even after a flee treatment, so i'm thinking it might be the food.
i'm thinking about moving to Earthborn primitive which have a lot of good
ingredients in it.

:help::help::help:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If you look down the threads under nutrition you will find one I started on this about a week ago. There were a few people using it and they said they really liked it.
I have been using for just over a week and the dogs love it.....I am feeding the fish one but will go to primitive next time as the ingredients seem even better in that one.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I use EB Coastal Catch GF on allergic dogs or any boarding dogs (easier on stomach). Usually I start a new dog that comes in on EB CC and then mix in some EB PN to see if they tolerate it and switch over to PN if they do.

I feed EB Primitive Natural to all other adults - especially high energy dogs for sport, show etc. High protein content, good ingredients, fair price, good results. But EB PN does have a few protein sources so IME allergic/sensitive dogs have not done well on it (pudding stools, inconsistent firmness, itch/discomfort/eye gunk).

If I were you, with an itchy dog that has trouble forming solid stools - go with EB Coastal Catch first. Fish is a good protein for allergic dogs and it is a single protein source so you can see if it agrees with him first. To add weight, slowly increase food by half cup increments and monitor how it agrees with him. Add healthy extras like salmon oil, Olewo carrots/beets, raw egg, coconut oil, tripe, fresh meat snacks, probiotics, and so on for weight, coat and skin.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I've been using Earthborne Holistic for Apache &Lakota not the grain free for about a year, no complaints.

·
Premium Member
11,268 Posts
I use Earthborn for both the dogs and the cats...used Eagle Pack for years and years then store quit carrying it and switched to this...I vary it, but tend NOT to use fish bases as my old male would get sebaceous cysts when I fed fish base....I like it - I get it delivered from Doggie Food . com

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts