German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, can i get some critique on this trainer? I love watching personal protection, K-9, etc, so I thought I'd see what you all think.
The videos tell all that he does. You have to skip through miles of intro, but once you do the actual work is pretty awesome. They take real life situations and teach dog to know when there is really a threat needing protection and when there isn't in an extremely high level way. I think it's cool, but let's get some critique before I research this guy more. Bring it on!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Not going to lie, I didn’t look at any of that. But if you’re interested in that kind of thing I recommend looking up Jerry Bradshaw. Read his book. Put your time into someone who’s proven that way you know you’re getting good knowledge. Then...well then you don’t have to ask what we think bc you’ll know it’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,705 Posts
I watched a little of it.IMO the dog was learning zilch.He was way too amped up and anxious.He wasn't gaining confidence or learning to calm himself.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think these guys are okay for balanced pet dog training.

I don't know enough about protection training to be able to say but I have seen some stuff in their videos that didn't sit right with me

So, my potentially unqualified opinion is for basic pet dog stuff they are fine, they understand behavioral science well enough and aren't unecessarily harsh on the dogs. I think they care about the dogs.

All the bitework stuff they do...you could probably do better if you are interested in that sort of thing

I didn't watch the video if there was one linked here...made this statement based on other stuff I've seen of theirs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts