German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
682 Posts
I guess I'm not going to knock it cause I don't know enough about it. I guess wolves do this in the wild or something? That's cool and I guess it would work if I were raising a wolf but I have a GSD so I'll stick to what I know.

· Registered
682 Posts
But watch their behavior. You will never see a wolf FORCE another on its back. The submissive one always does so on its own.

Yes I agree with you. When my pup gets with her sister she approaches her with her head down low and ears back, it's neat to realy watch them and how they interact. The last time they got together my dog did something to her sister and the sister let out such a growl and showed her teeth and my dog went right to her back lol. My friend and his wife started running toward them because they thought they were fighting but they weren't, they got back up and started playing ball.

· Registered
682 Posts
I wish I took a video of my pup and her sister playing yesterday. Next week I will take a video and post it. If anyone saw them that didn't know about dogs they would think they were killing each other. From what I saw, it was my pup that was on her back most of the time but she went there on her own. There was times that my dog would "steamroller" her sister and put her on her back but it was few and far between.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.