German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
guys my friend got this dog from his father's friend, they say its a german shepherd but me and my friend don't think so, i say it's a mix German shepherd/husky, he's 4 and half month old.

and also to my other friend, what do think this dog breed is?

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
First Picture: Pure bred German Shepherd, no doubt about it.

Second picture: not sure? I would guess Husky (small ears).

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Not sure on the first one, definitely see shepherd ears. I thought I saw some rottie in the face, my husband says he looks just like the shepherd he had as a kid. Nice looking dog!

White one is probably husky or mal mix, maybe a little shepherd thrown in? Ears aren't shepherd and muzzle is shorter like the mal or husky. She's adorable whatever she is, she looks a lot like our female shepherd.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
my guess is the same as CastleMaid

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
The first one is totally GSD all the way. Is that dog always tied up outside btw? The second has ears to small to be pure GSD maybe a mix?

·
Registered
929 Posts
i would guess the first dog is shepherd/kelpie!! :) and the second might be full shepherd :) but if not maybe some husky in there!! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first one is totally GSD all the way. Is that dog always tied up outside btw? The second has ears to small to be pure GSD maybe a mix?
no mate he keeps in in the house backyard free

and guys about the white one, she's about a year old and her size is medium or maybe less than medium. so no shepherd in it i guess.

·
Registered
32,564 Posts
I agree with Castlemaid. The first pup is nothing but GSD. :)

The second one looks like it has some Samoyed in it. Hard to say from just the head shot.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I'm guessing the first one has either some Rotti or dobie in there. The markings maybe are throwing me off?

·
Registered
32,564 Posts
SunCzarina had a boy that looked just like him. And he's a puppy so I think the black will fade. It would be interesting to see what he looks like as an adult. :)

Here's a puppy pic of Jax. Her "eyebrows" are longer than his but the pattern is close.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Again, the first on is definately a GSD. The shape of his head, ears, nose, body. Everything GSD for sure. They need to get past the markings.

The 2nd one, american eskimo, samoyed or husky mix. ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts