Hi guys, what do i do if my puppy ate a BOX OF CHOCLATE i scared as ****:help: please help me what will happen,what do i do please help
I know it's late but yes - don't listen to people on a forum - do this - call and go to an e-vet.go to the E-Vet and call a poisin hot line.
Results:The vet will also start an IV for hydration and also to administer medication. The vet will also administer anti-seizure medication because animals that have ingested chocolate have a ninety eight percent chance of having severe seizures. If your animal is having extreme symptoms or cardiac problems he will easily be able to give those cardiac medications through the IV. The stay after this treatment in an easy case is usually two days, although in more extreme instances the hospital stay for your animal could be weeks.
Your dog, if untreated, can quickly go into convulsions, have arrhythmia, stop breathing and go into a coma.
We were lucky - many many years ago Sneaker got into some chocolate chips and we didn't even realize it. At the time I had no idea chocolate was toxic for dogs. She suddenly puked up a bunch of brown liquid and we were mystified as to what it was, and then we remembered the chocolate chips that had been on the counter. Since we didn't know chocolate was dangerous we didn't even take her to the vet. But apparently she'd vomited all of it up because she was totally fine. It didn't agree with her system and she purged it. Scares me now to know that it could have been much worse! Now that I know chocolate is bad I'd induce vomiting immediately and make a trip to the vet.Chocolate is one of those "selective toxins"...it can kill a dog in a very small quantity...or it can have little or no effect in any quantity.