German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun (and educational) to see what our dogs are eating.

Here's what The Gang has been getting this past week:

RMBs - chicken wings and leg quarters (hard to find stuff the Cresteds can eat), turkey parts, pork neck bones

MM - pork heart, venison, boneless pork chops and roasts, ground beef, ground lamb, Tilapia, Salmon (the safe kind), turkey breasts, catfish, beef tongue, eggs

OM - bison organ mix, deer livers, beef kidneys

Treats - pizza crusts, cat kibble (use for training), cheapo puppy-sized dry dog biscuits, blueberries, raspberries, baby carrots

Everyone but Sasha gets beef or pork ribs to strip the meat off and gnaw on the bone. Sasha tends to EAT the bones so she gets beef soup bones for gnawing. Fuego is teething so this helps keep him from chewing on everything else. :)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I thought it would be fun (and educational) to see what our dogs are eating.

Here's what The Gang has been getting this past week:

RMBs - chicken wings and leg quarters (hard to find stuff the Cresteds can eat), turkey parts, pork neck bones

MM - pork heart, venison, boneless pork chops and roasts, ground beef, ground lamb, Tilapia, Salmon (the safe kind), turkey breasts, catfish, beef tongue, eggs

OM - bison organ mix, deer livers, beef kidneys

Treats - pizza crusts, cat kibble (use for training), cheapo puppy-sized dry dog biscuits, blueberries, raspberries, baby carrots

Everyone but Sasha gets beef or pork ribs to strip the meat off and gnaw on the bone. Sasha tends to EAT the bones so she gets beef soup bones for gnawing. Fuego is teething so this helps keep him from chewing on everything else. :)
You are feeding your dog's great but why offer pizza crust and crappy dog treats when you are so close to being 100% perfect.;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beef muscle meat, beef blood, beef bone, beef liver, beef heart, yellow squash, kale, cabbage, spinach, beets, flaxseed, kelp, parsley - all finely ground.

We buy it from A Place For Paws, in Columbiana Ohio in 50 pound batches.
Rocky just loves it.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i'm always switching kibble. the last 2 months i've been
usuing Orijen. i keep a variety of can food on hand. i also
feed boneless and skinless chicken breast, organic flax seed
oil, coconut oil, salmon oil, fish, organic yogurt, rice, veggies, fruit,
millet, quinoa, some table scraps, beef and pork. for treats i have Zuke's,
Happy 'N' Healthy, Pro Treats, Instinct and Blue Dog biscuits.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hmmmmmm well let's see, yesterday we had about 1/2 roll of toilet paper along with a few Christmas tree ornaments toped off with a quilt blanket! Oh wait, I forgot the used "pad" that was in the bathroom garbage.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
:laugh:
Hmmmmmm well let's see, yesterday we had about 1/2 roll of toilet paper along with a few Christmas tree ornaments toped off with a quilt blanket! Oh wait, I forgot the used "pad" that was in the bathroom garbage.

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
RMB's: turkey necks, chicken leg 1/4's, pork neck bones, turkey hen drums, rabbit
MM: beef heart, steak, roasts, pork roast & chops, salmon, ground venison, chicken breast,
OM: chicken liver, beef kidney & liver
Green tripe, raw eggs, yogurt, vitamins C,E, (D,B complex every few days), Salmon oil and Onyx gets her benedryl daily.
Training treats are the natural balance rolls, and string cheese.
Denali Girl said:
Your dog isn't lacking in fiber! ICK:sick::sick:

·
Registered
32,000 Posts
Oh geez..

RMBs - Duck Neck, Chicken Neck, Chicken backs
MMs - Lamb, Salmon, Pork, Beef, Turkey hearts
OM - Chicken Liver

xtras - Pumpkin, Tripe, Eggs, Yogurt.

Treats - left over turkey, Mother Hubbard treats, pizza crust

Supplements - fish oil, vit e, vit c, springtimeinc joint supplement

·
Registered
277 Posts
Chicken drum sticks, turkey necks, chicken thighs, raw eggs, beef liver, beef kidney, salmon skin, and cod liver oil

I wish I could get some deer and other wild game!

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are feeding your dog's great but why offer pizza crust and crappy dog treats when you are so close to being 100% perfect.;)
Because they like it and a little 'crap' now and then isn't going to hurt them. :)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Meals:
Whole Purdue Chickens
Green Tripe (frozen)
Blueberries
Broccoli
Chicken hearts, livers, necks
Turkey necks

Treats:
NV instinct Treats
Rawhides (Bison from Costco)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hmm, lets see: Pro Plan dry kibble, Po' Boy sandwich from Popeye's (treat for being so good! Plus they put mayo on it :ick: and I didn't wanna waste it), Greenies (aka Puppy crack) Nutro blueberry cruchy treats

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
This is our forth week feeding raw
Here's last weeks menu

Monday: am; 2 pork loin centre chops - 18oz
pm; heart and gizzards - 6oz
turkey neck - 5oz

Tuesday: am; pork centre loin chops - 15.85oz
pm; side ribs - 12.10oz

Wednesday: am; heart and gizzard with yogurt - 15oz
pm; chicken breast bone in - 10oz

Thursday: am; cubed beef - 11oz
pm; turkey neck - 5.90oz
chicken breast bone in - 10oz

Friday: am; boneless/skinless chicken - 18.20oz
pm; pork side ribs - 13.70oz

Saturday: am; chicken hearts and gizzards - 17oz
fish oil - 1 capsule
pm; pork side ribs - 15oz

Sunday: am; pork loin chops - 15oz
pm; ground turkey with canned mackeral
1 egg (no shell)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hm let's see... just for this week:

RMB: Chicken drumettes/wingettes (my dog is 10 lbs), turkey necks, lamb ribs (though she tends to just crack them open to get at any marrow instead of eating the bone)

MM: all types of buffalo cuts, lamb, all types of beef cuts, all types of pork cuts, ground beef, and tilapia (with some ground deer waiting in the freezer :D)

OM: chicken liver, beef kidney

Extras: occasional carrots, apples, marrow bones, buffalo ribs, various recreational bones, bully sticks, dried tracheas, a bit of whatever I happen to be eating if it's safe, natural balance rolled pet food and dried liver and dried duck tenders as training treats, salmon oil, probiotics, and glucosamine tablets

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Tuesday: Turkey backs AM and PM.

Wed: chicken backs in the AM and Beef heart for dinner.

Thursday: chicken backs in AM and turkey thighs for dinner and as a snack during the day some beef marrow bones.

Friday: either turkey thighs or turkey necks for breakfast. Dinner was beef liver, salmon oil, 3 eggs each, some organic plain yogurt and part of a chicken back.

Saturday: Pork Neck for breakfast and turkey thighs for dinner.

Sunday: chicken backs AM and PM.

Tomorrow: Chicken backs AM and beef heart PM.

Every 5 days each dogs gets 5-6 egg yolks (I use the whites), organic yogurt and salmon oil.

Other weeks they might get more pork or lamb, other turkey (especially this time of year) or chicken parts, pork or lamb heart, poultry liver/gizzards/hearts, or beef kidney. Anyhow, it varies.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Molly's menu was :

Chicken necks and frames
Turkey mince, beef mince, lamb brains (yuck!), beef heart, chicken liver, lamb kidney, sardines, raw eggs

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble
kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble kibble
Orijen
Changing to Acana soon

·
Registered
877 Posts
Whole rabbits, pork shoulder, ground turkey, chicken leg quarters (partially deboned), chicken liver, beef kidney. And some pig feet for chew treats :)

And a little bit of BB Wilderness Salmon that I scored for dirt cheap. Just been giving a meal of it every now and again.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Lots of venison here, with turkey necks, chicken, beef, liver, hearts, gizzards & tilapia. They got to work on a venny leg to get the meat, then I took the bones away. They also get salmon oil and Vit E with eggs about 3x week

Today they are having chicken breast and venny neck.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts