German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Took him out of his crate, went outside to pee, then back inside to feed him his "gross stuff" (as my 7-year-old calls it :D) then brought him to his expen in my bedroom and went back to sleep for an hour while he chewed on his antler.
Getting ready to take him to a golf range where my boys are having a lesson.

Great thread.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Took them out of their crates, let them out the door to go to the bathroom, played a small game of fetch with Bentley while tank sun bathed and who knows what else, went for a small walk, then fed them, and now bentley is playing with my grandpas puppy and tank is snoozing beside me.

It is only 9a.m. too, To early for this!!! I am a teenager and should sleep till noon, hehe JK.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think the doggies are going to spend the day by the pool. It's their day off. Cues worked very hard yesterday in the heat. Tracking OK, OB very good and protection was spot on. I'm getting ready to trial her again, so nothing new. I just back off of training and do mainance work with her. Just a lot of swimming and bike riding for fitness and endurance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We went to agility class this morning from 9:00-10:00. Deuce did the third jump twice, which rarely does, so I was very proud.

Unfortunately we are supposed to have a very hot and humid day so he's inside now until the sun goes down. Around 8:00 or so tonight, we'll go up to the fields near my house and play 'football' for an hour.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
awee! what an awesome question!!! :)

took my dogs for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood (so far). sat out in the front yard with them and chilled. now they are knocked out on the back porch...

good times!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have been at work since 4am this morning...so nothing today.
But yesterday morning Rivers graduated from his intermediate obedience class. Then we went to the dog park to celebrate. After that we visited my mom and her dog Andy. We took Rivers and Andy to the park by her house for fetch. And then back home for a nap and a long walk at night :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well Rocky decided he needed to pee at 5am:eek: so I let him out and went back to bed until 6:45 when I got up and gave him breakfast. As its Sunday I went back to bed again while his breakfast settled :rolleyes:

9am we went for a 40 min walk by the river, on the flexi and he was really good, although we literally bumped into a badger on one of the woodland paths. Rocky saw it first and went to investigat, but I stopped him right there. Made me thankful I kept him on lead, they can be nasty pieces of work:eek:

Home, he slept until lunch at 1230, ate his lunch as if he were starving, as usual, then napped again for a while before a great game of tug in the garden:crazy:

Afternoon walk, went to a lovely lake near me. Water very clear and I thought it may be the ideal opportunity for him to test deep water out. I used to do my triathlon training there, so I'm happy it's safe enough and if I had to I'd grab him on his flexi. He actually jumped in by accident:laugh: it was very funny, I think he thought he could walk on water? He managed to get back to shore, with a little tug from me and he seemed ok. I was very proud:wild: his first head dunking ever! He promptly ran over and found some fox poo and kindly rolled right in it, just ready for the journey home:( why do they do that?:eek:

Back home, quick wash and rinse in his paddling pool and he sleeps now until dinner at about 7pm. We'll have a game of tug and a shorter walk round the block before bed! I love being a dog owner. I literally plan Rocky into everything I do.

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
Yesterday we took the dogs to Point Isabel on the San Francisco Bay. The tide was too far out for swimming, so they chased Orbee balls instead. Afterwards we took them to Buffalo Bill's brewpub for a late lunch. No beer for Keefalo, they're too young to drink!

Today Halo goes to flyball practice with me and Keefer stays home with Tom. Sometimes when we're gone at flyball he'll take Keef to visit his mom in assisted living. He makes a great impromptu therapy dog, and is a big hit among the residents.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
My husband and I are doing work around the homestead today, so the dogs are hanging out with us, chasing chipmunks and bringing their toys over to us to be thrown. They had to go hang out in their play area for about an hour while Don did the beehive inspection, but other than that they have been hammering around the yard, with a few breaks to go work on playing tug with the cattails in the pond.

This afternoon will be more of the same, but we'll get a visit from my parents so the dogs will get extra attention and kisses. Then it will be dinnertime, and some relaxed bone chewing in the house before bedtime.

Right now they are both sleeping off their lunch, almost time to go back outside. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Today started at 4 am in which jacob started whining to go outside to pee. He is only 7weeks old so early morning outings have been going on all week. After that we came back inside and i went to bed again. I woke up to jacob eating the cat food that my daughter had opened up for the cat. I shut the bathroom door where the cat eats and jacob whined. He had some of it on his nose still so he licked his nose for about ten minutes until realizing he could use his stuffed toy to wipe it off. He then would lick the stuffed toy then repeat the wiping and licking. He then found his chew toy and carried it around and growled and barked at it. He rarely barks so i found this funny. He is now taking his afternoon nap on his stuffed toy which is a huge oversized dog. I am sure the rest of the day we will still be working on house training. Although he has learned that my husband is the treat man and now goes and sits right in front of him waiting or following him in the kitchen. It is too cute sometimes.:p

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I took the group for their first walk together around 5:30 this morning.Then just a little while ago me and the two bigger dogs went to the park to hang out and do a little training. I took my Heeler for a walk by herself. This evening the Heeler will go to the park,and the other two will go on a power walk with me.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Game of fetch for half hour w/ Lucky ,family brunch w/ husband's brother/bf also known as Uncle Jon. Multiple throws of whatever ball is around. Daisy out for morning fetch and stretch in the back yard but she is glued to the floor next to a/c vent and under the ceiling fan. Yesterday Lucky got about 4 20 minute to a half hour games of fetch.As my allergies have made my cold worse Im really into just reading. Neither dog as wanted to run after the next door cows and the cows have not tried chasing Lucky's ball ,its feels really hot w/ no breeze.Quiet sunday.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
well the days not over, but hubby and I worked on my new chicken palace (I have baby chicks)

Masi supervised but she finds the whole thing quite boring:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Took Tazor to tractor supply. All training out the window as he pulled and sniffed and was overly friendly. Back to basics with leash training. He is 8 months old today and was so embarrassing I told everyone we had to check out the store due to the bomb threat. JK... I didnt say there was a bomb scare..but thats how he acted. : P

·
Super Moderator
18,673 Posts
We had a trial this weekend and a helper seminar/evaluation today. Vala got to do some helper training. Donovan got to be a classification dog for one of our helpers and Deja did some training. Elena had a boring day. Alexis just hung on which is her pretty normal day.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got up around 7am and let the dog out. 7:45am i took outside
for a brushing and when i brought him in i fed him breakfast.
then we dropped my GF off at work and we continued to the
park for a 2 mile walk. after the walk we went to my brothers house
for a visit. we were home by noon. we left the house again at
1:45pm to pick my GF up at work. from there we went out
to lunch and now we're home. now i'm going to feed him dinner
and let him settle in for a few hours then we're going out for
a game of retrieve.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts