German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Well I'm a little behind since she's been sick with a tummy issue for a week or so I haven't been able to give her treats :[
Sit, down, wait, paw, crawl, touch (touches fingers with nose, kinda my recall), up (puts front paws on a surface and stands there), speak, doesn't chew things in my house, doesn't pull too bad on a leash, and is potty trained and will pee when I tell her to go potty. She's kinda spotty on leave it.
We're working on dog aggression on a leash though. She barks like a madwoman recently every time a dog walks by, ugh. Bunch of petsmart socialization trips in store for us.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my pup was in a puppy class at 10 weeks old. it was more
socializing oriented. OB classes started at 4 months old.
from 10 weeks to 4 months old he didn't know much.
he knew "no", "come", didn't pull when leashed and he
was house trained. when OB classes started things took off.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Come, sit, down, leave it, spin, heel, paw(s), house trained, he goes away, and lays down when we eat.
There's a couple more. But I forget. He's 14 weeks today. We train three times a day, at 5-10 minutes.
Also during walks we stop for some sit, down sessions.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Expecting young puppies to know all these commands is ok but please, do NOT expect them to perform them 100% of the time - every time.

They are much too young to follow commands around distractions. It would be like expecting a first grader to be able to recite the alphabet on the playground with other kids running and playing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Expecting young puppies to know all these commands is ok but please, do NOT expect them to perform them 100% of the time - every time.

They are much too young to follow commands around distractions. It would be like expecting a first grader to be able to recite the alphabet on the playground with other kids running and playing.
I've been wondering about this. How much is too much? When should I start serious training? 5 months?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

Oh of course not.
I practice commands around distractions but I know she's a baby and I don't scold her for not doing them or anything, I'm happy that she does them at home or during play sessions and at puppy class :]

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Sit, down, come, off, paw, around (spin) were his consistant ones at that age

1 - 9 of 9 Posts