German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks.

I have my eye on an orange one. Everybody assumes shes a boy because I made a mistake getting blue.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
If I had a girl, I would go for purple or hot pink.:wub:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I went with a nice pattern in green and two shades of pink on a brown background.... I wanted pink but not tooooo girly for my new baby female! Its a great compromise... I just bought the next size up today knowing she will outgrow this one in the next month or two

·
Registered
32,042 Posts
Thanks.

I have my eye on an orange one. Everybody assumes shes a boy because I made a mistake getting blue.
Believe me...it's won't matter. People see big dog and call her a he. they see little cat and call him a her. They see a baby boy in all blue and called him a girl because of his pretty blue eyes...people see what they want to see.

So buy whatever color makes you happy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have my pup decked out in hot pink tags, collar and leash - Doesn't matter. She has never been referred to as a "she". Big dog = boy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We got ours a pink studded leather collar and people still called her a boy. Now, she's wearing a plaid burberry rip-off type collar, and people are calling her a girl... maybe they are associating a brand name on a dog as being feminine?

I don't know.. Just buy what you like! Who cares if they know it's a boy or girl... she doesn't realize it, and just sees a smiling face and friendly voice.

·
Registered
16,008 Posts
I think it is bad enough when we sterotype humans by the color of the clothes they wear. (Who gives a rat's patoot if the child is a boy or a girl? Why should it matter?) I'm certainly not going to do that to my dog.
Valkyrie has a bright blue collar for puppy protection training. I would have liked the magenta one except they didn't have it in the size I needed. When she was a pup she went through several collars. I loved getting a red one with rhinestones because I thought it was so silly on a GSD. [It was on sale and therefore cheap - + it amused me.]

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Depending on her coloration I think probably some of the new combo colors would be pretty ... turquoise with chocolate or pink for example if you can find it. Or maybe something like .. this:

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I have had several and I always go back to red...she is my Red Robyn:)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Daisy had pink lether collars.one w/ bones on it in silver and another that nhad studs. Chevy is wearing one now. I like purple for girls and anything turquoise . I want to get Thunder a purple collar that has some bling. Daisy got called a boy and she had pink collar ,pink leash. go figure!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone that sees Shelby immediately assumes she is a HE. My boyfriend didn't want anything pink. We had green and dark purple when she was little. Her "big girl" collar is multi colored with a lot of orange. Looks kind of feminine, but in the end it doesn't really matter.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1365303976.821174.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Any color/style you like and that you feel like putting on her. Dogs don't have gender (they are not girls or boys, they are female and male). Gender is socially constructed by humans, for humans.

Rafi has a turquoise and purple collar and his two favorite balls are hot pink. :p

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
We're decked out in purple here and the easy walk I have is hot pink..."what's his name" "he's gonna be big". Seriously, big dog = boy, that's all I'm getting!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had to make this decision today when I picked my pup up from the breeder. I went with a lime green. Her big girl collar i bought is purpleish with a reflective band in the middle.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Wow. I thought it was just me with people calling my female dog a boy. She wears a purple service dog vest and I have several pink and purple leashes. Even after I say Fiona is her name, I still get he is a good boy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I got yellow for my female but I agree with others that people will get it wrong anyhow so go with what you like :). Oh and post pics on what you decide :D

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Personally I would just pick a color and collar that you like (I was teasing a lil about the daisy collar). That's why my little old male (he's a black with white points shih tzu) has always worn purple as I like the color against his black coat. I plan on using a turquoise with my new pup as HIS collar, just because I think it will look nice against his (hopefully) sable coat. I've always used red for my GSDs before but I want something different this time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts