German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Looks like a black and brown - which is black and tan or red or any shade of brown - which is what SV papers call ALL saddle back black and brown puppies :) :) :) - so black and tan is fine as a description!

She is so cute with the kitten!!!!!!!!

Lee

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Looks black and tan to me.

What a good girl to take care of her kitty like that!

·
Registered
31,574 Posts
red/tan and black.

There are patterned sables though. A sable has banded hair. If you pick up up of her black hairs it will be black on both ends with tan in the middle.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
So adorable they look like great pals. Years ago we fostered many kittens and found homes for them, so many feral cats in our area. They are all fixed so have not ran into kittens in awhile. My Chihuahua and king Charles always got along great with any kittens we had fostered and resembled these photos they would play all the time have some great videos. Oddly our king Charles never liked our 3 adult cats but was smitten with the kittens they just ignored her crap and she caved into the sweetness of kittens. I'm will also say black/red with tan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all. I felt that she wasn't a sable but wanted confirmation.
And yes she was amazing with the kitten, say was
as to my great distress she died on Christmas Day just gone. :crying:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thank you all. I felt that she wasn't a sable but wanted confirmation.
And yes she was amazing with the kitten, say was
as to my great distress she died on Christmas Day just gone. :crying:
Black and red. Lovely girl. So very sorry to hear you lost her so recently. What a terrible loss that must be for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts