1. He’s cute, his size is currently on the smaller side but still normal and he looks happy and healthy, don’t do anything different, he’ll grow at his own pace.My pup is 4 months old and 24lbs. Is he going to be blanketed or saddled? Or what color is he going to be? Here are pictures of him and parents. I do not have pedigree. What kid of breeding stock you think he is, american, german? And is he going to be big or small?
Yeah, I felt like I shouldn’t have gotten the puppy but I kinda felt bad for it. He was close to 11 weeks when I got him, he was in a kennel full of pee and poop. He was shy and anxious, he was submissive and peed everywhere when you got close to him. Broke my heart. I got him from his past owner. But, even after I got him knowing he MAY be mixed or not, I am curious as for what his background may be, what he may look like, how big will he get. Just curiosity, we humans are curious and I am so. Anyway, thanks for your input and answers to my questions.If a breeder sent me those pics I would have walked away.
Your dog is black and tan and what I would have called Shepherd type. IF he is purebred, he is what is generally referred to as pet stock, which is a mishmash of lines with no clear pattern or plan.
He is cute, appears happy so enjoy him. If I were you I would purchase pet insurance.
1. Thank you very much. He is my bff and will keep taking good care so he can have a great life next to me and his family.1. He’s cute, his size is currently on the smaller side but still normal and he looks happy and healthy, don’t do anything different, he’ll grow at his own pace.
2. He will most likely end up with a pattern similar to his dad, saddle back, although he does have quite a bit of black still for 4 months.
3. He’s Black and Tan, some might consider him red.
4. Without a pedigree, you can only be provided guesses. His dad is very typical of west german showline types. You can barely see the mom but she appears to be a Black and Tan long coat, also saddle backed, on the smaller side and likely of mixed lines (American / pet lines).
5. Genetics will determine your pups size... you’ll have to wait and see.