Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
You could try posting in the non-urgent rescue section to help your friend. Read the stickies for some guidelines on how to post. I really think he is liver, but hard to tell sometimes in photographs because of the light.

Add as much detail that you can thing of: how is he with other dogs, cats, kids, strangers, on leash, training level, etc. If he is a liver, put "Liver" in the subject line, that will attract a lot of attention, it is not a common colour.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I will try and get as much info as possible and look into posting.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a liver GSD and that doesn't look like a liver to me. It is hard to tell with the light though. Good luck. I hope you can find him a home.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Does the owner have any registration documents on the dog? If so, they list the color.

I was thinking that the dog might be a blue, but it is not the smoky coloration that a friend's blue GSD is. The light that the dog is sitting in makes a color determination more challenging. The dog might just be a black and tan that looks distorted because of the sunlight.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
In the picture the dog appears to have a black nose which from what I've read would eliminate a liver or a blue ... IMHO he looks like a b/t blanket back.

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ha ha! Should one be offended when one's vet lists your purebred pet as a German Shepherd Mix ??!! :eek: Some people may think a classic GSD is only a black and tan saddle - since that's most commonly depicted German Shepherd in movies and the mass media.

Does the owner have any registration documents on the dog? If so, they list the color.

I was thinking that the dog might be a blue, but it is not the smoky coloration that a friend's blue GSD is. The light that the dog is sitting in makes a color determination more challenging. The dog might just be a black and tan that looks distorted because of the sunlight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts