German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched two trainers get into a disagreement about what color my pup Apollo is..I don't particularly care, but now I'm curious! His papers say black/tan, but maybe that's wrong? He just turned 6 months, if it helps. Thanks! :) ImageUploadedByPG Free1405281016.422349.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1405281031.410519.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,904 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Pretty much means the dogs expresses the pattern of a Black and Tan. , tan legs with a saddle or blanket, but instead of black saddle or blanket it's sable.

The only way to know for sure is too look at her as a puppy.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Look at the progression. True Black and Tans have the color on their backs throughout growth. Sables will get very light on their back. And then darker as they get older. So post pics at 8,12,16 and. 20 weeks and we will have a better idea

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the progression. True Black and Tans have the color on their backs throughout growth. Sables will get very light on their back. And then darker as they get older. So post pics at 8,12,16 and. 20 weeks and we will have a better idea

Here are photos of the approximate times you suggested..he definitely has gotten a lot darker on his back. Thanks so much!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Based on those photos there is no doubt he is a patterned sable!! Gorgeous too!!!!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Agree. I have a patterned sable too. What a handsome boy he is.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What a handsome pup!! Congratulations!! Adorable!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agree. I have a patterned sable too. What a handsome boy he is.
Thank you! He has made life since March very hairy, slobbery, interesting & absolutely worth every moment. I never knew a dog could be so brilliant!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts