German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

When My dog first arrived to Uk he was sneezing a bit and over a period of the week he was sneezing and sniffling more and more so i gave him colloidal silver in his water for a week and he is fine.

But now my cat has the exact same thing. She has started sneezing with a runny nose. So now she is on the silver too. Just starting to improve.

Now i am starting to sneeze with a stuffy nose and sore throat. Day 2. Im on silver now and still waiting for improvement.

I didnt think colds were passed around between cat, dogs and humans? It is 100% the same illness.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I know of no upper respiratory that is spread between these 3 species.

But allergies can be attributed. Also, stress of moving, adding a new dog can cause that stress and lower immune systems. So, bringing in a new dog, that dog traveling, freaking out the cat, and you being stressed about the sneezing s d having a new dog and the animals all sneezing could just be overwhelming everyone's immune system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Everyone tells me that my dog and cats can't pass those symptoms, but my dog came home from boarding a few years ago sneezing and sniffling. 5 days later neither cat could breath through their nose, they looked pitiful sneezing and breathing with their mouths open. I am convinced it came from the dog. None of the animals had ever had before or had since any allergies.

Cam

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Wow, Nigel -- that's a fascinating article. If one didn't have mad respect for the flu virus' mutation potential already, this ought to do it.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Cold due to to stress causing weakened immune system makes sense. I know a person can get a cold from a ferret. This winter a cold was going back and forth through the house for a while- it caused max to have a bit of a sneeze it wasn't drastic but he was sneezing a bit.- who knows. Very interesting article.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts