German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question to all white shepherd owners.. does he look like a pure american/german shepherd? my boy is 8 months and i cannot figure out what type of breed he really is. any info will help. thanks :) vegas11.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Imo, he looks like a shepherd lab mix. There are also dna tests you can take that can help identify whether he is a purbred GSD or, if he is a mix, what other breeds he might have in his genes.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I've seen WGSDs with a lot of coloring on their ears like your boy has. In fact Yukon's brother, Siri, had ear coloration similar to your fellow. My Niki had what I called "airplane ears" that kind of looked like your boys until they finally came up. I don't know, ears and all he looks PB to me.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Definitely looks like a mix and I'd agree with Lab. It isn't just the ears or coloring, his body, build, coat and tail are all not quite GSD. The DNA tests are not worth the money IMO, as they are usually not very accurate. DNA Testing Your Dog

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've had a couple white shepherds, and currently have one. I agree with whoever said there's Lab in there. In one photo, he looks fairly pure, but not really in the others. He is very handsome. Did you get him as a pure bred dog?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
his head shape tells me he's got Lab in him. A little to square/blockyish for a pure GSD

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the answers!! some people say he's pure some not lol im just really curious.. from the day i got him his ears are up and down for the past 7 months!! i guess i will have an accurate answer when he gets a little older by his performance and looks. so far, he has given me a WGS loyalty,instincts and intelligence. but again he's now only 8 months and still a puppy and most times. he's huge 8 months height 24' and weights 76 lb he's like a beast!! LOL in any case i really love him even though he might be a mix. I got him from a young couple who has the mom and the dad PURE GS at the house when i picked him up.. who knows they might have fooled me LOL
I love my dog he's a loyal good friend. THANKS TO ALL FOR REPLYING :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The only thing that really jumped out at me was Lab. Maybe part shepherd or husky, probably part shepherd, but he totally looks like Lab!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I agree on the lab/shep mix. His mom could have bred with both the German Shep and a lab, just an FYI. Did you get to see other pups from the litter? Just curious if they all looked similar or not.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
There might be some lab in there. As he gets older if his ears go up he's going to look more like a gsd, regardless of the mix. In any case he's a nice looking dog and a lab/gsd mix can be fun.
You'll throw him his ball and he'll bring you back a rock. ;)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
If I take the head pic and cropp the ears, I see a full Lab head. He is the white image of a lab/GSD dog a friend has.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts