German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get so many different breed mix combinations that I have been looking at pictures and I find one that looks like my 16 month old Lucie, but then I will find another that looks just like her that is a different breed! All I know is her dad was full GSD and he was a big boy! Her mom I have no clue!

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I personally don't really see GSD but with mixes sometimes it isn't easy to peg the breeds. Usually people know what breed the mom is and not the dad. She's a pretty girl.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Nope, not seeing anything remotely near an Old English Mastiff but do see a striking resemblance to a bully breed.

Reactions: Nurse Bishop

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Yeah not very often you hear someone say they're sure about the father, but not the mother LOL! Just looking at the dog without the backstory in mind, I wouldn't have guessed any GSD at all. Does the dog vocalize like a hound at all? I could see a GSD crossed with a Tennessee treehound, or even a Plott looking like this. I'm curious what breeds you saw that you thought fit his appearance...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll go with Plott, as well, if you are located in any of the southern states, it's a pretty popular breed. I had a boy who looked very much like yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't the one who picked her up, and mom was very sick and stopped taking care of the puppies when they were 4 weeks. I was shown pictures of dad, but the only picture of mom there is, is her laying on a couch back to the person and you can only see her coat color (same as Lucie's) not her face or anything. I was thinking about doing the dog DNA but have heard it's not all that accurate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Her bark is very loud and deep, but she also always has her nose on the ground. Especially on walks! Her nose doesn't come off the ground when we are walking, I used to joke and say she must have hound in her until someone said that's the GSD in her

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The head, coloring, and build look like a bully breed. Plott Hounds have very different head, more leggy build, and houndy droopy ears. Brindle is pretty typical for a bully breed.

Not sure if there is any GSD in there?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The head, coloring, and build look like a bully breed. Plott Hounds have very different head, more leggy build, and houndy droopy ears. Brindle is pretty typical for a bully breed.

Not sure if there is any GSD in there?
Yeah, a mix for sure if it is Plott. Looks very much like a Plot/Lab I fostered. I don't see any GSD either(?).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When her ears are up people say "oh yeah I see the German Shepherd now" I was just curious what you guys thought! She's such a smart girl (almost too smart lol) and I love her beyond words!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Have you tried asking on a bully breed forum?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts