German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides other GSD what dog makes you turn your head and stare? For me it's the afghan hound. We have 2 that live near me and when ever I see them I have to stare. They are stunning I would never have one but I do like to look haha.

What breed turns your head? That's not a GSD.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Anything exceptionally large and powerful makes me stare/catches my eye-Mastiffs, Irish Wolfhounds, Great Danes, Rottweilers, Leonbergers.

I wouldn't mind owning a Leonberger but I don't think I could ever pull myself away from a Shepherd and hubby and I agreed to never do two dogs again so Shepherd beats Leonberger.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I'll look at any dog!
Impressed when I see an Akita, Doberman, Malinois, Bulldogs(all types), Bouvier, Great Dane
I'm drawn to the larger sized breeds.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Any time I see a dog I turn my head and examine them to see what breed or mix they are. If I see an unusual breed I might stare, and any breed I like I will try to see if I can talk to the owner.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I love the Northern breeds too, they are always stunning to look at! If they weren't so independent, I would consider one. Oh, and I LOVE Corgi's, the only smaller breed I'd ever consider.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oh wow umm.... Dobermans, Rottweilers, Irish Wolfhounds, Leonbergers, Beaucerons (saw my first one yesterday outside of pictures!!! loved it!!!), Tervurans.... oh and Shelties and Corgi's

·
Registered
642 Posts
i look at all dogs.
but i love great danes, huskies, newfies, st bearnads & bermises. rotties and pitts and boxers too. corgies, dobermans.
okay i look at any dog.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Giant breeds have always been my forte, use to own/breed/show great danes followed by english mastiffs. I couldn't take any more heart break as their life spans are so short. They still take my breath away though.

I like the looks of huskies and malamutes but my brother has owned them for years and after getting to know them, not a breed I would personally own.

Love my gsd's.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I love the look of a well-conditioned, well-groomed long-legged terrier such as Airedale, Wire Fox, Lakeland, or Irish--but I don't think I'd ever want to own one. They have such an eye-catching presence, expression, and attitude. I love grooming them. But just this week I had an Irish Terrier and a Welsh Terrier boarding with me, and it reminded me just how much I would NOT want to deal with that terrier attitude day in and day out.

I also love to look at Standard and Giant Schnauzers, and Dobermans. Schnauzers look "evil" in a cool sort of way with those long eyebrows and beards, and Dobermans just look... sexy. :D

And I could gaze at an English Setter's sweet face all day, but only if I get soft English Setter kisses too. :) I love those soft velvety smooshy lips.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I would say the Afghan hound, the GF has 3, the one on the left is a puppy, shes 9 months old and in off leash class and training in show confirmation, I work with her during the day, she has a long kennel name, so I call her Kevin

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I like my aussies, but out and about, usually a dark mal will catch my eye, but honestly the majority of the time it's those gsd's that catch my eye:)

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Most of the bull breeds - but only the well-bred, healthy ones.

I LOVE the big heads and the rippling muscles!! If my neighbors weren't terrified of them we'd have one!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Oh forgot one.... Irish Setters and Gordon Setters. I love that red coat and the Gordon Setters with the black and tan in a long feathery coat just intrigues me

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Norwegian Elkhound ,really think I might want one. One I love but dont know if I would get is the Italian Spinone. The Norwegians I watch at local dog shows sweet gorgeous dogs who are tough. The Spinone , sweet goofballs and you just want to hug them or throw something in the water for them to retrieve.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
When Rotties aren't in the ring I find myself watching Borzois, Ibizan Hounds, Salukis and Whippets. Then there are the English & French Bulldogs. I like the Bull & Staffordshire Bull Terriers too, I've only been to one show that had an American Staff entered. Vallhunds are just adorable to watch in the Herding group.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts