German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Your dog is heavily linebred on Iko Haus Gidcumb (2-3) and Jenny Haus Gidcumb (2-2). These dogs are descended from working line dogs, but apparently do not have any working titles themselves. Iko's father, Chicco Haus Gidcumb, has a BH degree. Jenny's father, Charly Haus am Galgenberg. is apparently SchH3, IP3.

The well-known male on the father-line is Troll vom Koerbelbach. He appears in the 5th generation back from your dog. I don't think this is particularly helpful.

·
Registered
733 Posts
is this much line breeding bad??
Dog breeders debate the merits of this kind of tight linebreeding when the dogs are well-known and considered top breeding stock. I'm afraid in your dog's case the animals in question are obscure, if not completely unknown.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is why they have limeted registration lol oh well so she aint perfect in the worlds eyes she is great for me just perfect but i dont think i will ever breed her. hadnt really thought about it but after all this prolly best to let all that line breeding end somewhere.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
this is why they have limeted registration lol
Actually the whole linebreeding thing probably has nothing to do with the limited registration thing.

Your breeder probably only offers limited registration so your pup can't be bred. A dog with limited registration can not have AKC registered pups. AKC just will not register pups without a sire and dam with full registration.

Limited registration not only prevents potential "joe schmos" from breeding their pure bred dogs for profit, but also protects the breeders name and breeding lines from irresponsible breeders with their dogs.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I will say that I love this pedigree and have researched it for some eight generations. Very very nice....I'll let some of the more knowledgable people on the board explain some of these dogs. Nice breeding!!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I will say that I love this pedigree and have researched it for some eight generations. Very very nice....I'll let some of the more knowledgable people on the board explain some of these dogs. Nice breeding!!
Cliff... aren't you the one that's always explaining bloodlines to everyone else or am I catching a hint of sarcasm here...?

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Heaven Forbid,
I just figured out that there are others on this forum that know pedigrees as well as I and they never bother to explain them. So maybe this puts me in the position of being a know it all, or not having feelings for other peoples knowledge or whatever. Anyway, I have learned that people value feel good more than factual information so I will give attaboys to everything and maybe I'll be better liked.:cry:

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I don't know pedigrees or the traits associated with many past dogs due to inexperience. I certainly do not have the knowledge that Cliff does. I do have enough experience to say that when he has spoken about dogs I do know something of, I would concurr with the information.

As to this pup, I do have personal experience with many of the dogs in the pedigree in a way. I own a dog who shares many dogs in it. She is just a great dog. Perhaps the one I have that closest comes to my idea of what a German Shepherd would possess in character and abilities. I am wondering if this kennel still has dogs with these lines up close in the pedigree because I would really be interested in one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks all! So cliff you say its Great Breeding? that i like the sound of lol could you explain a bit more of why i really dont get breeding much.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I confess that I do not have the depth of knowledge to fully understand this pedigree. I know the production of some of the dogs in the pedigree, and even have seen similar combinations (e.g. Gildo Koerbelbach bred to a Falko Haus Sindern daughter), but I don't have the knowledge to predict the outcome of much of the outcrossing.

My concern is close up, because those animals generally have the biggest effect on the progeny. For example, Chloe is linebred (2-2) on Jenny Haus Gidcumb. This means that Jenny makes up fully half of the pedigree, that is, as much as if she was Chloe's mother, rather than her grandmother (twice). And I must confess that I know nothing about her father, Charly Haus am Galgenberg, or her mother Odett vom Kuhnhof (although I at least recognize the kennel name of Odett's father, Agar Pohranici Straze).

I can follow Iko's pedigree better, and rather like the Umsa Bungalow and Urban Hopfenstrasse linebreedings (although I am more familiar with Urs, I assume Urban is a littermate). I am more familiar with Gildo K. than Troll K., though... But I do wonder about the holes in the pedigree...

So, what can the real experts tell us?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was in iraq my wife got her for me as a suprise when i got home know i wanted a GSD but not knowing i had done my own research and she really didnt know what to look for havent gotten ahold of the breeder yet seems to be tough!! worries me a bit i dont think its actually a breeder i think if i understand what my wife says is that the owners of chloes sire and **** just wanted to have a litter because they thought their dogs where perfect and wanted to have a litter before they spayed/neutered them. like i said i havent had the oppurtonity to speak with the breeders due to being over seas!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Perhaps they got their dogs from the Gidcumb kennel? Since they were the breeders of the sire and dam, that might be a place to ask about the lines and dogs in the pedigree.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts