German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) Just wondering what your dogs favorite toys are, what yours are?
And even where can you buy them? Why do you like them?

2.) What are your dogs favorite toys that keep them busy?

3.) Your dogs favorite "toys", that arent your favorite?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Zelda really likes her antlers, dinosaur nylabone, jolly ball, wubba water toy and a few sqeaky toys. And i approve of all of those!
I get them from amazon and near by pet stores. Most of those are indestrutable, which is why i like them- i dont have to buy a new one every day. :)

2.) Zelda likes her kong wobbler (i put treats in there), kongs (filled with peanut butter and i put it in the freezer so its a tastey treat that lasts a while), and i suppose her antler really keeps her busy too.

3.) Zelda loves the recycling.. any wet food cat cans, egg crates, cardboard boxes.. shes loves. So i have let this go as long as she has supervision- but it makes me have to pick up after her messes more often, so i do it right after she is done- but that is why its not my favorite "toy." I like to do this for enhancement, i put treats or someting in a box or egg crate and she has to tear it apart to get to it. We do this with the dogs at the shelter. She now tears it apart in 2 seconds but it was fun while it lasted! :)

*Just thought it would be nice to get new ideas for fun toys, treats, enhancement, etc. from everyone.
:gsdhead:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
They love any type of ball. I don't really have any dislikes about their toys as long as they like them and can be tired out from them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Cuz Balls of all sorts. They stand up extremely well to constant hard biting and even the squeekers seem to last longer than most other toys on the market. Her second favorite is a horse ball with the molded in hard rubber handle. She will carry that around the yard literally for hours. We play often and I try to spend a minimum thirty minutes of exercise three to four times through each day. Playing fetch in the summer heat wears her out pretty quickly, so I moderate the intensity level to insure she does not get overheated or injured. We also keep the grass in her fenced in 2 acres mowed so she can see the hills and pot holes so she doesn't pull a muscle or get hurt that way either. She brings her Cuz balls like a new mother showing you her litter of puppies, it is hysterical to watch her line them up and take such good "care" of her "Babies".

Wheelchair Bob

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Berlin loves his Cuz's. And any type of ball that squeaks very loud and annoyingly. ;) He also loves his happy moppy...so much so, that it usually is destroyed in a matter of days. Other favorite toys of his and mine are his training toys, balls on strings, and tugs. I like them because I have fun engaging with my boy, and he enjoys it too (especially when he wins! :) )

Berlins favorite "non toy" toys? Oh anything and EVERYTHING he can get his little mouth on. I have a four year old brother, and he always is playing with his transformers and spiderman toys. He has no idea he's a dog, I swear. :rolleyes: Anything that can be destroyed, is also a personal favorite of his.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
They like balls of all sizes (including Cuz's), squeaky toys, bones, and "chewy treats" like bully sticks, etc. Haven't gotten them any antlers yet.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Saber LOVES her Jolly Egg. I thought it was the dumbest idea ever: a big plastic Easter egg for a dog?? What is the point? But at some point enough people told me how great it was that I rolled my eyes and bought one. Well she adores it. She plays with it long and hard, knocking it all over the house, chasing it, whacking it, biting it, getting it stuck under things. She loves it so much but it gets very annoying after awhile with her knocking this huge egg into everything, all the banging and sometimes she starts barking at it. We have to lock it in another room sometimes to get some peace!

·
Registered
766 Posts
1.) Just wondering what your dogs favorite toys are, what yours are? Tennis Balls, mine is the soccer ball
And even where can you buy them? Practically anywhere
Why do you like them? I don't like the tennis balls, we don't get them for him since he's gotten too big and breaks them in two seconds. The soccer ball? Cause I like to watch him dribble it and nose it :)

2.) What are your dogs favorite toys that keep them busy? Anything he can chew. Bully sticks, Greenies, a Kong bone with treats stuffed in the ends, and his Kong filled with PB

3.) Your dogs favorite "toys", that arent your favorite? Tennis balls

·
Registered
176 Posts

Strider's favorite toy is a large rubber squeaky ball that used to be our Rotties'. They never had any interest in it, but it's the first thing he runs o when we let him outside. It's an outside toy because otherwise we would never even be able to hear ourselves think because he'd be squeaking it all the time. ;)

We actually got it in one of the doggy stockings at Target during the holidays about 10 years ago!

He also loves his flirt pole. My daughter and I made it. We had the PVC pipe and rope so we bought a tuffy type stuffed toy from Walmart to put on the end. We made the pole pretty with decorative duct tape. :)

He will actually play by himself with that same ball! He'll also stay pretty entertained with a peanut butter filled Kong. It's our "go-to" for making his crate time enjoyable. We have marrow bones that he will play with and sometimes he'll chew in a Galileo nylabone.

Hm. Probably my 9 year-old daughter. Haha! Just kidding. Although he is still a bit mouthy with her. Honestly, he's pretty good. There really isn't anything that e gets into that e shouldn't. It used to be my husbands shoes, but he leaves those alone now.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Every dog I've had in the last 30 years has had the same favorite toy.
It's the rubber "ring" that they put on a 5 pin bowling pin.
It's the blue thing in this pic.(to the right of the dog's)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bianca's favorite was probably the large Kong squeaky tennis balls. They are about twice the size of a regular tennis ball, non-abrasive, and squeak when they are squeezed.
She also liked the fleece Kong Wubba, and stuffed toys.

The things that kept her busy were Himalayan Chews or raw bones.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
One of my pup's favorite's is a Kong Squeezz Stick Toy .. the large size. It was very reasonably priced at Academy. It almost looks like a hollow stick. It has a recessed squeaker and holds up really well to chewing. He also has a Bad Cuz that he likes, a deflated soccer ball (did that the first day) and his newest love is a regulation (bright yellow) softball. I also bought some JW Pets Evertuff Bones (peanut butter flavor) and they have held up really well to his chewing. The regular puppy nylabones are demolished very quickly, but these hold up and he seems to enjoy chewing on them. They also have channels built in that you can fill with peanut butter or the like. They had them at the local Petsmart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Zarek likes any thing that moves! He especially likes squeaky balls......but his two favorite toys are: a plastic lawn chair which in which he will grab a leg thereby causing the other leg(s) to poke him. He thinks the chair is actually playing with him. He will play with it for 15-20 minutes straight and has had the same chair for 8 years. It's never broken or cracked......that was my first concern because obviously I didn't want him to ingest any plastic. BUT....he will only play with the chair if someone is watching him.....such a ham!
His other favorite toy (actually mine since I have a bad shoulder) is an ingenious toy made by hyper-pet.com. They make several variations of the same toy but his favorites are the goose and duck. Don't buy the pig or fish because they are not aerodynamic. The toy is essentially a goose with a bungee attached inside. You simply put one end on your thumb and pull the rope at the other end.....and it soars about 100 feet in the air. It's not a toy to leave unsupervised though....otherwise it'll most likely be destroyed. However........that's where duck tape comes in. I've extended the life of these toys by several months simply by wrapping duck tape around them. As a matter of fact, his favorites are the ones that have duck tape and no rope tail because it will go even farther. I buy mine at Marshalls because they're much cheaper. I saw the goose (harder to find) at BassPro's; they also had the duck. Cheers, Barry

·
Registered
164 Posts

We both love the Chuckit - Sport 26 model (for larger balls). Make sure to buy the orange rubber balls, as they last much longer opposed to the standard tennis ball that it comes with. I bought mine on Amazon. It gets me outside after being in the office all day, and it's by far his favorite toy/activity.

Squeaky toys, Kongs filled with peanut butter or coconut oil and tug toys.

His squeaky toys when I'm watching TV. He is now only given that at certain times of the day.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discoe loves the most recent toy that you give her. She can have a pile of toys, and will typically single out the newest one that she just received, which makes rotating toys that much more exciting for her...lol. Right now, her favorite toy is a stuffed plush lemon wedge. She also goes insane for any kind of ball. Ball on a rope, rubber ball, tennis ball, basketball, that massive yoga ball...

All of her toys keep her busy, really. She likes to throw her stuffed toys, and show them to people and carry them around the house, and when she's done doing that, she'll lay down with them, use them as pillows or just hold until she dozes off.

Least favorite toy of mine that she loves would be her good Cuz. I let her take it outside during the day over the summer, and even with the windows shut, I can hear it screaming. And it's not as if she plays with it for a little bit and then stops...no. I'll hear it for an hour straight.

·
Registered
5 Posts

My boys love anything they can fetch. Shadow loves his chew toys though a lot.

Ropies, rubber tyres, any stick they find outside. The nylabone chew toys are my favourite for them.

Shadow has a tendency to chew to pieces everything but Taz's ropey. We've banned rubber toys, stuffed squeaky toys and tennis balls so far. Can't do a whole lot about the branches he brings in from outside lol he just loves to chew toys.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1.) what your dogs favorite toys are, what yours are?

Oy loves his swampy. It's just a stuffed version of the alligator from the game 'Where's my Water.' we got it at Toys-R-Us. I love this toy because it is a stuffed animal and doesn't have a squeaker!

He also loves anything with a squeaker. the only problem is he will de-stuff anything to get the squeaker out and destroy it!

And tennis balls, oh he loves tennis balls!

His kong filled with goodies! The best thing ever for watching movies, it keeps him entertained for a long time.

He also has a fish toy that has baby fish inside. we will put treats and the baby fish inside and he works super hard to get them all out. It usually takes 5-10 minutes, but it also wears him out pretty good at night. It will probably just die a tragic death when he gets bigger but its so cute to watch his little puppy brain figure it out!

Martha Stewart Pets™ Intelligence Dog Toys - Sea Turtle

His kitty (my cat)! Nicodemus (the cat) has never used his claws on us, furniture, or on the pup. So the pup doesn't know when to quit playing with him. If Nico decides he is done playing all we hear is him crying even if Oy is just laying by him . It is cute when they do play though, they run all over the house taking turns chasing each other!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts