German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a small obsession with these kind of threads on other forums...I'll try not to spam this thread with my posts here.

I've been listening to a lot of Skillet lately. I also like Relient K, Casting Crowns, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and anything else that's clean that catches my attention.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My latest music obsession is a group out of Scotland I just recently became aware of - Frightened Rabbits. Their newest CD, Winter of Mixed Drinks is awesome.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
right now, my dad is playing the piano. Not sure what.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I listen to everything from like:

Elton John
Billy Joel
Lady Gaga
Nikki Minaj
Lil Wayne
Lynryd Skynyrd
Deftones
Britney Spears
ICP
Avenged Sevenfold
Miley Cyrus :eek:

I like everything. :)

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I listen to everything from like:

Elton John
Billy Joel
Lady Gaga
Nikki Minaj
Lil Wayne
Lynryd Skynyrd
Deftones
Britney Spears
ICP
Avenged Sevenfold
Miley Cyrus :eek:

I like everything. :)
That's exactly me. I'm going to check out the video you posted tonight. I'm at work so I can't listen. I'm obviously not working very hard though :)

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I like
Cat Stevens
Elton John
Jim Croche
Bob Dylan
Dan Fogelberg
Billy Joel
Janis Joplin
Gloria Gaynor
The Temptations
Roberta Flack
Jewel
Milla
The Cranberries
The Platters
Analisa Morsette
Gordon Lightfoot
Jackie Wilson
Sam Cook
Bill Withers
Journey
Kansas
James Taylor
Carol King

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I like
Cat Stevens
Elton John
Jim Croche
Bob Dylan
Dan Fogelberg
Billy Joel
Janis Joplin
Gloria Gaynor
The Temptations
Roberta Flack
Jewel
Milla
The Cranberries
The Platters
Analisa Morsette
Gordon Lightfoot
Jackie Wilson
Sam Cook
Bill Withers
Journey
Kansas
James Taylor
Carol King
Add to that:
Pat Metheny
Herbie Hancock
Chic Corea
Most Jazz
Most Funk
Most Classical (non vocal or opera)
Choir/choral music
Just about any organ music
Some country
some blues
............ did I leave anything out?

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Add to that:
Pat Metheny
Herbie Hancock
Chic Corea
Most Jazz
Most Funk
Most Classical (non vocal or opera)
Choir/choral music
Just about any organ music
Some country
some blues
............ did I leave anything out?
I think musicals: Jesus Christ Superstar, West side story, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, The Rock Nativity, and others.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a particular genre that I like, unless CCM (Christian Contemporary Music) counts. I'll listen to almost any genre. Except rap. Ha. I love piano music.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I think musicals: Jesus Christ Superstar, West side story, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, The Rock Nativity, and others.
AAaaaaarghhhh, no no NO musicals!!!
:eek:

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Add the Eagles, Eric Clapton, some Maggie May by Rod Stewart and some Phil Collins.
I KNEW I was forgetting some, thanks for adding these. Have I told you Lately by Rod Steward is nice too, and Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles, and Beth by Kiss of all groups.

Let's not forget Pink Floyd's The Wall.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
AAaaaaarghhhh, no no NO musicals!!!
:eek:
the little honda with the good gas milage, has a lock on the stereo, and I have not figured out how to make it work. So, it is 75-90 minutes each way of Silence is Golden. I sang most of Superstar on my way to my sister's yesterday. I love some musicals.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
There are some funny country songs out there like, Son I don't wan to make you feel lonely, but your welcome here for a limited time only, and Where am I gonna live when I get home.

Also there is Jimmy Buffet.

Really, anything but rap and elevator music/musak -- ick!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I literally have my headphones on and am listening to this:

I can't stop listening to it. :D
I am a product of the 80's hairbands. With the recent death of Jani Lane from Warrant, I've been listening to a ton of Warrant. They were one of my favorite bands back in the 80's & 90's. Jani had the most incredible voice and now that it's been silenced, I am truly sad.
I was not a fan of the "new" Warrant without Jani. But after watching the interview he did on That Metal Show that was taped just a few weeks before he died, I decided to give them a shot. Jani had good things to say about the new singer and didn't seem to harbor any bitterness, so I figured if he could do it, so could I.
And I am hooked. This song is awesome and I love Robert Mason's voice. I still haven't been able to bring myself to hear him sing Jani's songs yet. One step at a time. :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Behemoth, Devil Driver, Arch Enemy, Filter, Lamb of God, Disturbed, Alice Cooper, Dark Tranquility, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Kingdom of Sorrow, a Perfect Circle, Tool, Pearl Jam , Godsmack, Sully Ernas Solo Album, Chimera, Insomnium, At the Gates, Queen, etc etc...

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Behemoth, Devil Driver, Arch Enemy, Filter, Lamb of God, Disturbed, Alice Cooper, Dark Tranquility, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Kingdom of Sorrow, a Perfect Circle, Tool, Pearl Jam , Godsmack, Sully Ernas Solo Album, Chimera, Insomnium, At the Gates, etc etc...
No Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Deftones, Mudvayne, or Korn?

Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie is probably my favorite song ever, I am not sure why exactly but I love it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
(Endless Possibilities by Bowling for Soup)

And then this:
So I like AMVs...bite me. :p (The song is World So Cold by Three Days Grace.)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
No Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Deftones, Mudvayne, or Korn?

Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie is probably my favorite song ever, I am not sure why exactly but I love it.
Haha I LOVE that song by rob zombie. Slipknot and Mudvayne do make my list. Korns album 'See you on the Other Side' was great, and some selected songs are good but I would count them as a 'guilty pleasure' lol Havn't listened to Manson or deftones in quite awhile though.

Have you listened to 'Mars needs woman' by rob zombie? Thats my alltime favourite Zombie song. :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
My brother got me into a couple Crush 40 songs from the Sonic games that I never thought I'd like. "I Am All of Me" and "Live and Learn". I'm not sure about the rest of their music...just doesn't seem to be my style.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts