German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
It is going to be over 90 degrees with ungodly humidity. There is no air conditioning. We are going to hunker down and get ready for a long hot summer and pray for snow.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I'm cleaning out the pool so the dogs can go swimming and I can clean it again. It's going to be a hot one today. I'm officially on vacation for 9 days and hiking is in the plans when the weather gets cooler.

L

·
0 Posts
Refresher training today. I told her to go lay down in her chair last night, this is what I got...... Her ball is just out of view and she still wanted to play.... hard to train when you're laughing.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
It's super hot and humid here too:( Hubby took the pups for a 2 mile walk early this morning(many thanks!)We will lounge in the shade and cool off in the baby pool periodically.So basically nothing,lol!

StoneZep, love Summer's expression!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My girl is sleeping and resting. Had a long and hard deployment yesterday and she did her job beautifully! But about 7miles worth of trailing in 44°F pouring rain, steep and rugged mtns, she is pooped.... I'm relaxing too ;)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
We spent 3 hrs. cleaning out roots and leveling out the land where we removed 30 yr old shrubs in front of our house (a few weeks ago). Ziva helped pull roots, dig holes and supervised in between our ball throws.
We're all resting now but I feel Ziva is going to still want her 2-3 mile trek in the woods later.

·
Super Moderator
18,685 Posts
Went tracking and then did obedience with LB. Swam Elena. Threw the ball for Hera and Hagan. Swam Deja and then she ran with me while I did some mowing. Vala will run with me while I mow some more. Threw the ball for Gavin. It is hot so sessions short.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We ended up walking about 7 hilly miles. D'jango did great with the atvs passing us, not so great with the chipmunks.
Pictures suck, but I was too busy huffing and puffing. But only 20lbs till I get to 250.
Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter, so we are going to the beach.
Its been a week for both of us. A trip to Maryland last weekend, and every day a walk and good training session.

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Since it is Saturday, dogs thought we would be training. They squeezed out the garage door thinking they were going to be going with me early this morning(but I was leaving for a work day)
My club helpers attended a seminar...over a 3 hour drive to this. I wish I were closer and could have gone, but had previous obligations. https://www.facebook.com/events/1846642432229106/

I did take Gambit for a walk as the sun was setting, he decided to react to the neighbor dog that was barking at him. So a training session began showing him that being neutral is best.
Weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday and today, but hot.
I wish there were more daylight hours to enjoy mother nature this time of year!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
School year ended for me on Thursday. Friday I took a friends dogs and a junior handler to the Genesee Valley Kennel Club show at the Dome Arena. I volunteered to steward Sat and Sun (they were short on help). I only did mornings both days so I could get back home early (I have the puppies). It was very hot in the building, no a/c, they had big fans going though and overhead doors open.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts