German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
We are trying to decide the same thing for the male that we are getting in 2 weeks. My boyfriend likes Kristoff...

I'm not sure about Zeek

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Karlo, but that name is taken ;)
Thor, Bane, Rush....
Thunder is a name for a horse, lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am debating between Crisus or Max , or Brutus.

For sentimental sake, I think it will be a honour for my new pup ( getting in about 3 weeks ) to be called Max. I am 90% sure the name will be passed down to the new pup as Maximus II ( Max )

I am a sucker for Latin/Roman names.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My boys past and present:
Mako
Bull
Hooligan
Chisel
Seven
Cargo

Names tossed around before settling on current names for the past two male pups:

Cash
Barguest
Bodach
Vandal
Carbine
Goblin

I have found it never matters how much my heart is set on a specific name. It always ends up getting changed within a few days of getting the pup ;)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
My boys past and present:
Mako
Bull
Hooligan
Chisel
Seven
Cargo

Names tossed around before settling on current names for the past two male pups:

Cash
Barguest
Bodach
Vandal
Carbine
Goblin

I have found it never matters how much my heart is set on a specific name. It always ends up getting changed within a few days of getting the pup ;)
Seven is a cool name

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of "overused" names. I like different. I have a "tradition" of naming my boys after Presidents. Ike- Eisenhower von der Polizei and Nix- Nixon vom Banach.

Names like Max and Chief and Major, are used a lot. I would find a "theme" something you love, and find a nane that way.

Do you have a favorite author? Movie? Video game? Culture? Country? Band? Song? Actor?

Find something that means something to you.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally I am not a fan of "overused" names. I like different. I have a "tradition" of naming my boys after Presidents. Ike- Eisenhower von der Polizei and Nix- Nixon vom Banach.

Names like Max and Chief and Major, are used a lot. I would find a "theme" something you love, and find a nane that way.

Do you have a favorite author? Movie? Video game? Culture? Country? Band? Song? Actor?

Find something that means something to you.
I'm not a fan of using popular names either. That's why it's very hard. You got me thinking about my favorite movies and bands now lol. My favorite state is Alaska lol

1 - 20 of 58 Posts