German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my 4 month old female has had the runs for close to a week know id say Tuesday maybe Wednesday but she seems to be eating fine and she seems a bit skinny is her wait normal cause i know with some dogs stay fairly thin looking until they get fully grown and start to fill out and she is drinking properly i just was wondering if the runs would possibly be caused by worms.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
They are usually visible in their poop. You can always bring a sample to the vets for them to double check, probably a good idea anyway.

Diaherra for a week is not normal...or is her poop more mushy? (oh all the poop questions:))

Did you change foods?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes we did when we got her that was last Friday and it didn't start until Tuesday or Wednesday she fine her poop was fine the rest of the week and the poop is like a mushy watery pudding.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Usually the stomach area tends to be harder when they have worms, instead of squishy when you feel it. Well with puppies anyways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright well it doesnt appear to be too hard and we did change the food last friday when we got her would that be a problem and is it when they get full grown they start to fill out

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Don't guess. Have your vet run a fecal test. Not all worms are visible to the naked eye in the poop -- they need to put it on a slide, under a microscope. It's important to find out and get the right diagnosis, as the kind of dewormer to use varies with type of worm. I would also ask the vet about giardia: Giardia in Dogs | Symptoms and Signs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts