German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday we took Zeusie to Fort Desoto beach and dog park, it was a blast!!! the fenced in park was so huge and grassy that Zeus did not know what to do with all the space. What pleased me is that he stayed by us and would return to us after running with other dogs. He also would go and lay down by our bags when other dogs would get near =)

He was confused by the beach and did try to bite the waves and eat the sand... He threw it all up later.

So after the park we had to give him a bubble bath, he was all salt, sand, sticky and stinky! He was to tired to fight the bath so he sat there with his ears all flat looking pathetic.

After the bath while drying Zeus on the bed he complained and told me all about it. Wining non stop for an hour. It was not loud, but soooo funny! he is so vocal.

DAY 2 THE BLOOD!

On Sunday we took Zeus to a park near our house, we go daily. He started playing with a doberman pup, same age just taller. They had puppy class together. Zeus never really fights back, he rolls around mostly, but once he stands up he goes back for more... never barks, growls or wines. Anyways, the pups were rolling, I turn my head and Z is dripping blood from his mouth!!! MY HEART STOPPED! the other owner of the dob pulled the puppy off and told me to go check his teeth. His pup had a mouth full of blood after loosing a molar. Well we took Zeus, poured a dish full of water and let him rinse his mouth. It was not a tooth, Zeus cut his tongue on the back with his own sharp back tooth, there was a small sliver and it clotted instantly after being rinsed and no more blood. Zeus took this like a champ and was upset to go home, he never cried and this must have hurt!!! I think I was in panic and shock and he was fine.

We checked him later in the evening and could not even find the cut.

Anyways I find it funny how bath time is murder and him bleeding is no biggie...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I cant wait to bath Diesel... well yes I can... but I take him to the bathroom with me (still tied to me at all times) and he knows what that tub is... he stands at the end of his leash staring at the tub as if it is the most horrible thing ever.... I can only imagine that it is going to be a chore to bath him! Enjoyed your story although my heart sank when you said a mouth full of blood!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant wait to bath Diesel... well yes I can... but I take him to the bathroom with me (still tied to me at all times) and he knows what that tub is... he stands at the end of his leash staring at the tub as if it is the most horrible thing ever.... I can only imagine that it is going to be a chore to bath him! Enjoyed your story although my heart sank when you said a mouth full of blood!
My heart sank too!!! Tip for bath time: LOTS of playtime beforehand =)

·
Registered
334 Posts
That would have been scary :( to see a bunch of blood like that I am glad Zeus is ok and you are feeling better about it now.

As for the bath maybe try the shower we have a ensuite with a walk in shower Argos loves it and I just spray him off with the extra shower head he bites the water and plays never whines or gets upset I never thought about trying the bath I would hurt my back trying that lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts