German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get up today with the intentions of getting some yard work done and to get the water out of the pool cover. At 6:30 I let the dogs out, get the pump ready for the pool. At 6:40, Brennan climbs the stairs, which are not in the pool and decides to jump in. At 6:42 I'm soaking wet from getting him out of the most disgusting water anywhere. Finally I get some coffee and debating about going back to sleep but it's way to nice out. So I go get some mulch, come back home and unload--no where near enough. I got a good deal on a decent size outdoor piece of artificial grass and figure what the heck. Back to the store for more mulch and some ornamental stuff. After dumping 25 bags of mulch I decided that the grass needed to be cut. Forget the poop, I don't have time for that, so I just cut the grass--it turned out ok. Bumblebees and wasps were everywhere, so now I'm looking for a nest and making sure that I have Benadryl for Midnite because he thinks all bees need to die. 8 hours later I got lots done. Still have to plant grass seed and mulch around the dog run, plus some weeding. I'm completely pooped and so are the dogs--they were out all day, just a beautiful day:grin2:

What I accomplished today...

The dogs are enjoying it and using it to lay on

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Gee, wanna come visit?

And here I was feeling all proud that I managed to clean the spare room, vacuum my bedroom and debate plugging in the weed eater!:grin2:

It looks fantastic! And such lovely models.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
You aren't talking about those well behaved dogs in the picture, are you? I can't imagine any of them getting into that much trouble. You have so much energy! I want some. Your yard looks very nice.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today my son told me today that I am going to be that older woman that needs to be checked on because I am always doing something.

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Looks good!We cut up a couple of trees that fell over this winter and spent most of the day on that.Did take time for a pleasant walk in the woods.The dogs were ecstatic:) The weather was gorgeous.
Hopefully you're not too sore from spreading all of that mulch:)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good!We cut up a couple of trees that fell over this winter and spent most of the day on that.Did take time for a pleasant walk in the woods.The dogs were ecstatic:) The weather was gorgeous.
Hopefully you're not too sore from spreading all of that mulch:)
I had a lot of small branches--I ran right over them with the mower..LOL

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I cut the grass for the first time this season. My yard is heavily shaded so it's difficult to grow in many spots. The front looks the best which I'm happy about. With playing and urban agility going on in the back yard, pathways are very visible in the yard.

Lisl doesn't like the weed eater. Always attacking it. I have to put her in the house while it's running or I never get the trimming finished.

Last fall I bought a grass blower when they were on sale post-season. She doesn't think much of that either I found out today.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cut the grass for the first time this season. My yard is heavily shaded so it's difficult to grow in many spots. The front looks the best which I'm happy about. With playing and urban agility going on in the back yard, pathways are very visible in the yard.

Lisl doesn't like the weed eater. Always attacking it. I have to put her in the house while it's running or I never get the trimming finished.

Last fall I bought a grass blower when they were on sale post-season. She doesn't think much of that either I found out today.
Both Robyn and Apollo think it's fun to attack the weed eater. Apollo tries to catch the air on the blower. They are all ok with the lawn mower-they follow me. I gave Midnite a job-he picks up all the toys in my way while cutting grass--he loves his job.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
It rained all day yesterday, so I had a great excuse for not doing my yard work. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You make me feel like a slacker. All I did was go to the Finger Lakes National Forest and walk. Need to be more responsible like you...
I work on Saturdays(up at 3am). I get off at 11, so I ran home and took two of the dogs hiking, ran back home and took 2 other dogs swimming.

Midnite enjoyed his hike and swim

Brennan after his hike hike and swim

·
4,479 Posts
well done,

we had training on Saturday and took the dogs for a hike on Sunday. Today it is going to end up being hot out so I had to get the watering done. Earlier I had a flood of wash water in my kitchen (a filter fell off) so I mopped my kitchen floor. Later, while I was watering young blueberry plants, Patton decided to mess with the hose and he managed to get the nozzle open enough for the water to come spraying out. He then proceeded to paw at the nozzle and dig in the mud. Yeah, I was annoyed and brought him in and now I get to mop my floors all over again.

I think mowing will wait until tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl can't wait until I fill up the pool again. Her ears and face light up whenever I mention 'swimming' or 'pool'.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine are throwing me subtle hints about the pool(Brennan not so subtle because he just jumped in)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
If you can do that much in one day when you are elderly, you will be admired!
Heck I admire you right now. I feel like I need a nap after reading about your weekend.:laugh2: The dogs look very happy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cloudpump , can I ask what material your long line is made from (did you make them yourself ) , I have one but it's yellow nylon and need to change it ,

Llombardo I so want your yard and if you throw in the dogs also I won't complain :)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cloudpump , can I ask what material your long line is made from (did you make them yourself ) , I have one but it's yellow nylon and need to change it ,

Llombardo I so want your yard and if you throw in the dogs also I won't complain :)
I just noticed the long line. Both mine have long lines on, but they aren't the material of Cloudpumps.

I love my yard. The picture is only a quarter of it. I have changed it around several times already--I think I'm done, well until Grandkids come and I have go put up a swing set and trampoline:grin2:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

Im actually not entirely sure. I think it's polypropylene. I bought it at dog supply warehouse in Cornelius, NC. I tried looking at their website, but can't find it. Its 30ft, with no handle. Doesn't collect any sticks or leaves and it's only snagged once or twice when D'jango wrapped around a boulder. I love it. Oh, and it floats!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts