German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quinnie will be 5 months on March 2nd. Until today she has been with her mother, save for a few trips to the vet with her littermates, and just once by herself for a weigh in. So, perhaps it was not surprising that today's 9AM class was a complete disaster.

She spotted the other 4 month German Shepherd Puppy immediately, and wanted to go and check her out. When I did not let her, she started to bark, and scream, and carry on. I took her outside and she peed. Good, maybe that was why she was full of piss and vinegar. I went back in and she started doing the same thing, finally back out I went. She pooped. Awesome, maybe she was just full of poo.

Back in and after the rest of the class (they were not being crazy idiots) took a break, I let her meet the shep. Then she settled down a little, but was soon back at her antics.

Finally the class ended, and someone with two pups of mine, one 4ish and the other almost 7 months, came up and we talked a while and checked out each other's dogs.

Then Quinn and I went to PetsMart to get the puppy bath and brush. We were early for a change so I walked around the store with her and it was like a different puppy, calm, sweet, easy, not pulling, not reacting in any negative way toward other dogs. She even let a wiener dog in a coat check her over pretty thoroughly.

Good for her bath and brush.

And then we headed over to my little sister's house to be mauled by a six year old, and an almost 5 year old. I took them for a walk with Quinnie. And then we came back, and Gwennie couldn't leave Quinnie be. I made the poor pup put up with it for a while, but finally about 3PM, I headed out with Quinnie toward PA.

In PA we met up with a 7 year old male GSD and a 4 year old female GSD and their families, and we had a nice evening. Quinnie enjoyed the other dogs, and came inside and lay by my side. They let the big dogs in, and we had dinner. Quinn stayed in the kitchen lying by the door. But then she came in and let me know she needed to potty -- this is actually really good for a dog that hasn't been house trained. She lives in my house. But her area has wood chips in it and a doggy door that she has access to all the time. She decided herself that outside was a better place to potty than inside. I have never broached the topic with her. I did pay attention to where she was all of the evening though, so I know she did not potty in the house.

She fell asleep on the way home. They say a tired puppy is a good puppy. They also say something about how angelic babies are when they are sleeping -- puppies too.

We got home after 8PM, and I gave her back to her mother.

I bet she sleeps good tonight.

I think I will too.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
What a big day for a little Quinnie! Since she did so well later in the day after her class, I wonder if perhaps she just isn't a morning pup and the class was too early :) or she doesn't like school. She did great afterwards with meeting the other dogs and especially with the children. That's quite an accomplishment for a 5-month pup on her first big outing.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Wow that is pretty big day. Sounds like she enjoyed it and handled everything like a pro. she obviously has a great temperament.

·
Registered
31,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, the little bugger went over a 42" x-pen today to get in where the toys are, she's climbing. Luckily the baby gate is all horizontal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts