German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering if anybody has any experience showing a WGSL dog in AKC? I have a puppy right now that's done very well in UKC and we have been trying AKC. She has a very moderate top line. Are we crazy or is there hope?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a poorly stacked picture of her at a UKC show...I don't think she's overly "WGSL looking".

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully things are changing a bit. I'd really like to continue showing my girl in AKC but at the same time I don't want to throw a lot of money away while racking up points for others. Do you know if there is any way I can look up what judges that dog showed to?

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Keep in mind that she's a leggy puppy!

And yes you can look up what judges that dog showed under, but it will cost you ($8) to get an awards report from AKC.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is a very leggy puppy! I wouldn't expect her to win right now american or german line. I was just a little concerned about some of the comments at the shows, not anything mean or anything about my dog, just along the lines of "a german line in akc, you must be crazy!" lol

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
I hope that's not from your competitors, because the people I know wouldn't say stuff like that to you. Hey, a German bitch went Winners at a specialty I was entered in. The ONLY German dog entered in the specialty. Never say never.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They didn't mean it mean I think they were just being realistic with me that I would have to be a little strategic about where to enter and what judges. The competitors in my area have for the most part been very supportive :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can somebody walk me through how to get an awards report on AKCS website? I can't seem to find it on the new website design.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
No need to do an awards report. You can look up show results just by going on infodog/googling a dog's name

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Kappo

If you scroll through this website about him, you can see some of his win photos. They've listed some of the judges under the win photos. One of them is the president of my local GSD club (Carol Smith).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm surprised to see that most of Kappos wins were at specialty shows...I would have thought a WGSL would have a better chance at all breed shows.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
If I can remember, I'll ask Carol what she liked about him. She's the judge that gave him 1st in the 12-18 puppy class at the regional specialty in Arizona. It was a five point major.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Mikki

I know in the ontario show circuit(canadian kennel club) there are a few wgsl breeders that have done very well group placements, champions. They tend to show under the FCI judges european, australian and south american judges. I am sure there are some american judges who like the wgsl lines but most would like the moderate asls in the all breed rings in the US

1 - 15 of 15 Posts