German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been raining pretty hard the past few days and obviously my pup is getting wet while going to the bathroom... I dry him off with a towel as best I can, but after leaving him in his crate for a few hours the whole room starts smelling like wet puppy.

I am guessing there is nothing more that I can do then try to dry him off better?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
It's been really dry all summer, but raining alot lately here too.

I bought a cheap microfiber towel at Walmart-it's worked much better than my regular towels and soaks up alot more water. The wet dog smell fades pretty quickly now.

·
Registered
302 Posts

I bought a cheap microfiber towel at Walmart-it's worked much better than my regular towels and soaks up alot more water. The wet dog smell fades pretty quickly now.
That's a great idea! I live in Portland and it rains all the time here, so I'll have to pick one of those up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Got a microfiber towel at Walmart... Thanks for the tip. Definitely holds more water than a regular cotton towel.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
We use Sham-wows on Shasta.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
towel dry him more. use towels for his bedding in the crate
when it rains. i use 100% cotton towels. i also use a thinner towel
or two when i dry my dog.

It has been raining pretty hard the past few days and obviously my pup is getting wet while going to the bathroom... I dry him off with a towel as best I can, but after leaving him in his crate for a few hours the whole room starts smelling like wet puppy.

I am guessing there is nothing more that I can do then try to dry him off better?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I use a towel also and if they are really wet a quick breathless spray. I keep forgetting about picking up a micro while I'm out. Hopefully I will remember now!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
thanks Courtney, i'm going
to buy a microfiber towel.

thanks paulag1955, i'm going
to buy a Shammy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts