German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
And on what do you base this conclusion?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I didn't get to see the herding group this year; thanks for sharing the video!

·
Registered
189 Posts
And on what do you base this conclusion?
I base it on what dogs are used for actual work and what aren't...you don't see show lines being used for work because severe angulation may look good for trotting but doesnt allow the dog to be as agile or jump as well. It also may cause instability in the hind quarters (keep in mind im not saying HD). Also keep in mind im not arguing against ANY angulation just against what I perceive as a radical departure from what gsd's looked like in the past. It is just so extreme in the showlines.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
And what is your definition of "work"? Is it a job such as SAR, LE, service dog, or is it Schutzhund, or does it include other dog sports such as herding and agility?

·
Registered
189 Posts
And what is your definition of "work"? Is it a job such as SAR, LE, service dog, or is it Schutzhund, or does it include other dog sports such as herding and agility?
those would all be considered work. But regardless of my definition of work...breeding the dogs so that their trot in the show ring is "gracefull" is stupid and wrongheaded. Besides, the dogs end up looking like frogs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i just love how the guy in the beginning of the video whacks the dog. jackass

I just watched the video and I had to replay the first part to be sure I saw what I thought I saw. Wow.:(

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
those would all be considered work. But regardless of my definition of work...breeding the dogs so that their trot in the show ring is "gracefull" is stupid and wrongheaded. Besides, the dogs end up looking like frogs.

I'll keep my "frogs", thank you.

Ch Keno UD HSAs OA

Ch Kizzy HSAs RE

Ch Tag CD RAE2

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Andaka...I'll keep my WGSL "frogs" too...but I'll also keep my WL dogs also.
*I think your "frogs" should be kept also....

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Thanks, Jessie. I think so too. And they are useful.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I thought they looked FAT.
I agree, they looked a bit 'fluffed out' , but it might be the video combined with my 'fat' screen. There were some pretty sorry looking hocks there but a few that I thought were nice looking ...... but as an ASL owner I am partial. The movement/gaits (not gate) were very familiar.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts