German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Re: Westminster Kennel Club show GSD VIDEOS

Originally Posted By: mjb03
Tag is gorgeous.
And Daphne didn't mention that Tag earned an Award of Merit at Westminster.

I had the pleasure of meeting Tag at GSD Nationals in 2005 and all I can say is "Wow, what a Dog!" I wish I had more time to hang out with him because he was so much fun!

·
Registered
815 Posts

I think Tag is gorgeous and Daphne works his mind and his body :),
One day I'll get to meet them both :))

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts

Thanks guys!
He would have had more titles, except for my injuries and Tag's time on the road.
Right now we are doing Rally because it is something I can do. I can't move my jumps, etc. I also miss being able to show my own dogs in conformation -- I enjoy my relationship with my dogs which comes thru training, even for conformation.

·
Registered
815 Posts

I am truly enjoying Rally right now, and it's something our club can get even the most novice of pet owners involved in

·
Registered
460 Posts

God, Tag is a handsome dude. IMO much better looking than any of the dogs at the show this year.

We were very shocked by the whole thing. My DH and I were at the ring when they were judging the GSD's and he picked his fav and asked me to pick one. The lady standing behind us was listening and went on the inform us that the winner was gonna be Jimmy Moses, she said that it would have been decided long before today!! Boy what a let down!!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

The show was not decided before hand.......however, Ginny AND Jimmy are very popular and were strong favorites to win...it was not a surprise and the win was NOT undeserved...

It would be like someone being shocked that New England went to the superbowl this year....games weren't "fixed" they were just **** good. Jimmy Moses is an icon in the breed and has been handling since he was a teen in the 60s-70s......he is well known enough that he can pick and choose who he wants to show where (meaning those that want him to handle for them.) You will find well known, favorite, popular handlers in every breed....that is why it is so very special and is clapped so hard for when you have an owner/handler win the breed or a group....Jimmy Moses wins many times because he choses the best dogs to show (in his opinion), conditions them amazingly, trains them and loves his clients (the dog) and it shows...he is VERY good at his job and what he is paid to do...... this is not something to be suspicious of.

It wasn't "fixed" but the win was a given and not a surprise. Personally I was pulling for the Grand Victor ....
But, I think Ginny is a beautiful bitch and deserved her win.

JMHO
Cherri

41 - 51 of 51 Posts